T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, newbie here.
While I am mulling over different choices for printing T-shirt, I came across xpress screen from the printwear magazine. I went to their site and saw Flash demonstration and I really like what I saw except for the price. Has anyone bought and used their equipment and screens? Their price is high but I can get away with clean up mass and stocking chemicals, etc.
Their basic pakage is around $4700.00.
I would appriciate any input.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi;

I am thinking of getting this set up, but I have misplaced the website.
Can someone please hook me up?

In your opinion any reasons not to purchase this unit.. I am doing so for my daughter to start a small in home t-shirt business.

Thanks,
Blu

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am also interested in this exposure unit. I want to start printing shirts at home using a manual press minus chemicals and wash booth if possible. I can't find any other company other than the one below. :)

xpressscreen.com

Raf

·
Registered
25 Posts
lol Thank you very much.. yep on the opps.. I went there and well.. you know.
I did find the second post and went to that site.. Thankyou very much

I will certainly be willing to let you know how I like it.

Blu

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for the thread and the comments.
Actually most of what you guys have mentioned, I sort of figured out. (as far as the commercial applications)

The price is killer for sure.

I am still considering it though, maybe I can locate someone in my general area that wants to sell theirs. Basically wanted it to get my daughter stared in the screen printing and we are currently limited in space and don't have easy access to burn the screens the traditional way.

We have just about everything we need except a conveyor dryer and that will have to wait because of space and $. Right now it is not critical because we would be doing very small runs.

Thanks to all

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have been using this system for almost a year. I love it. I dont have the room in my store for a washout room, and My daughter has asthma so I didnt want to mess with the chemicals. It is great we offer small runs as well as large runs. Also, with this system we can offer stamps. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
vone mb,

how do you find the screens? they look kind of flimsy. I've only seen them in the website's video. Any downside to the unit?

I'm still contemplating about buying it. I definitely don't have the room for the washbooth and besides i have 2 little boys running around so i won't even consider the traditional way of burning the screens at the apartment. Yet i really want to get some shirts printed to get started.

thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have actually started replacing the wood inserts with metal ones that I have had fabricated for me. The equipment works great for me. I offer a minimum of 6 pieces & up. Have you been to a show to see a demo??? I really enjoy this system because I also have 2 children I dont have to worry about a wash out booth or the chemicals. I started with a 4-color 1-station press, and now I have a 6-color 4-station press with micro registration. I guess it depends on what size orders you are looking to do. I just did an order this weekend on light gray shirts that was a 100 pieces. I dont plan on doing large orders like alot of screenprinters because I also do embroidery. If you have any concerns my contact at xpresscreen is Dave, give him a ring. He is very helpful. The staff is really great to work with. When you buy the system they give you a training session at their site. It is very imformative.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I have actually started replacing the wood inserts with metal ones that I have had fabricated for me. The equipment works great for me. I offer a minimum of 6 pieces & up. Have you been to a show to see a demo??? I really enjoy this system because I also have 2 children I dont have to worry about a wash out booth or the chemicals. I started with a 4-color 1-station press, and now I have a 6-color 4-station press with micro registration. I guess it depends on what size orders you are looking to do. I just did an order this weekend on light gray shirts that was a 100 pieces. I dont plan on doing large orders like alot of screenprinters because I also do embroidery. If you have any concerns my contact at xpresscreen is Dave, give him a ring. He is very helpful. The staff is really great to work with. When you buy the system they give you a training session at their site. It is very imformative.
We looked at this system at the sgia show, have you done more than one color, wanted to know how the registration is on multiple colors.

Thanks for any info, like to hear what customers have to say rather than the company that sells it.

Teresa

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have done multi color setups. At first it was crazy, but I was doing it wrong. Now It is done in a snap. I have done 2-color, 3-color, and 4-color, tonight I have to do a 4-color

·
Registered
11 Posts
vonemb,

Where did you get the frames fabricated? I haven't seen the live demo as of yet. Are they the only company that makes this type of unit? Just wondering if there are any else out there to compare.

Thanks

Raf

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have not done a photogragh yet. I mainly do the graphic prints. I purchased the 15x18 screens. They have different sizes, but these are the ones I like..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone that has and xpress screen system know what type of light source is used? I saw a demo at the ISS show and it the screen was done in 1 second. Is it possible to make your own unit of this type?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Saw the system at the Atlantic City show, it was really cool! Frames looked a little flimsy for me to bust out 150 prints an hour, but with that kind of setup time you don't need to print that fast. The screens won't break down with water based ink, right? I'm looking to start a tiny neighborhood print shop in half a room of my apartment, and this looks like a good option that won't mess/stink up my apartment or rack up the energy costs (air dry the shirts and use a heat gun for discharge).

1 - 20 of 56 Posts