T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about ordering the Xin Hong Heat Press Swing away Stahl's clone on Alibaba. Has anyone bought any heat press from this company. It looks exactly like the Stahl's fusion. They have a 5 year warranty on the heat plate and one year on everything else. It ends up being $1,000 when you ad in the shipping. Please let me know about yours and if you are happy with it?

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
This is a patent infringement. I belive Hotronix is taking legal action. Also, if you have a problem who is going to provide the support in the U.S.?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Have you heard of email support. if a part breaks they send new one and you install. Some of yours come from the same place China

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
I do not have a press from this company, but do have a Chinese made heat press. Personally I would worry about the reliability of the electronics, which would fall under the 1 year warranty. Some part of the board failed on my own about a month after the warranty was up (and after very little use, as this was when I was just playing around). The press itself is physically of decent design and construction, and had some features I wanted at a lower price than a comparable USA press, which is why I found it attractive.

I installed a switch so I can manually regulate the temp, as it is that aspect that failed (no, it is not the SSR).

All that said, it was the right choice for me at that time, as I was just playing around and exploring, and all of my equipment was hobbyist or beginner level. Today this is my living, so I would pony up the extra money with the expectation of greater consistency and dependability--something I have already done with everything but this heat press :p If I were using it with a finicky process, like those self-weeding laser transfers, I would have trashed it long ago, as obviously I can't tightly manage the temp by manually flipping a switch. But I just use it to cure screen prints, so good enough for what I need ... though I may yet burn the shop down due to lack of automatic temp control.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
There is a big difference from buying chinese and importing direct from china. Some chinese presses (even the cheap ones) last for years and others need aftersales.

Price is also a factor. A $200 press can be seen as disposable and worth taking a risk on. Is that the same with a $1000 press?

If you have to pay by money transfer then you will have no ability for charge back if things go wrong.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Let me start by saying that the Chinese warranty is completely worthless. Also the electronics will fail... It's inevitable!
However, at 1/7 the price of the hotronix, buying two and having one as backup is not such a bad idea. I wouldn't mind testing one to be honest.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I place an order for a 16X20 swing away electric automatic cloing heat press. I'll post pic once it come we'll how long it works
and don't go running away from forum now. We expect some review after you put that machine to the test. :)

Reactions: krash1x

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and don't go running away from forum now. We expect some review after you put that machine to the test. :)

For sure man. My next hurdle is dealing with customs. I going to make another thread about whether to restore a really beat up Stahls fusion I got for cheap. This board has been a great source of information and humor for me. I hope to I can add to it

·
Registered
832 Posts
For sure man. My next hurdle is dealing with customs. I going to make another thread about whether to restore a really beat up Stahls fusion I got for cheap. This board has been a great source of information and humor for me. I hope to I can add to it
I had found an old Stahls press for sale with a list of the work it needed to become functional again. I called Stahls and by the time we had looked up all the parts, it was almost the cost of a new press. And I'm not very mechanically handy. So, yeah, I didn't buy it.

Did the white t-shirt n00b say something?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I had found an old Stahls press for sale with a list of the work it needed to become functional again. I called Stahls and by the time we had looked up all the parts, it was almost the cost of a new press. And I'm not very mechanically handy. So, yeah, I didn't buy it.
That's because they are selling thermostats for literally 10 times the price you can get it from an electrical shop.
They have to pay the support staff I guess.

It's not cheap, but it is convenient if have a lot of work and you need the equipment fixed ASAP.

I personally like the Stahls people... They are old school good customer service professionals.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Let's face is everything with a plug is made in china. Everything with a lace is made in china. Everything with an Apple on it is made in china.
So, MADE IN CHINA is not the issue.
What is the issue is what happens when things go wrong. IN the USA local distributors even credit card companies provide some assurance to the consumer.
Who has your back in this situation?
I suggest, if you are running a real business, you need real equipment with real support
If you are in an exploratory mode, learning the good and the bad so you can value the good more, then this will prove an excellent education.
Otherwise I suggest direct from china purchases be done in six packs. That way as you work through a 3 month resolution on machine 1, you may still have machine 2-6 to find a still working version.
What is best for you is based on your risk tolerance level. Some of us love the challenge which may be why so little money is made.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Let's face is everything with a plug is made in china. Everything with a lace is made in china. Everything with an Apple on it is made in china.
So, MADE IN CHINA is not the issue.
The "Made in China" is NOT generally an issue when you buy from a reputable brand with domestic warranty.
Also, many Chinese manufacturers make good stuff, but these will normally get snatched and re-branded by dealers in no time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Why not buy a used one? I've been thinking about selling my 20x25" geoknight for not much more than what you'd be buying the Chinese version for. They do come up (rarely) in the classifieds section.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Why not buy a used one? I've been thinking about selling my 20x25" geoknight for not much more than what you'd be buying the Chinese version for. They do come up (rarely) in the classifieds section.
I would have got it in a second. I already bought the Fujian press it is set to deliver on 10/6/20. I'll post a review of it in a new thread

1 - 17 of 17 Posts