T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, and I'm not going to. Xerox can give me no info on this paper. I called Coastal (www.coastalbusiness.com) and they recommended that I do not try it. (This printer is way too expensive to be experimenting on!!) Coastal recommended Techniprint and Laseropaque instead. I ordered these from them but have not tried them yet. I'll report back when I have. Good luck!

·
Registered
203 Posts
How different is the 8400 and the 7300? Do you have the little crayon blocks?

I have heard of others using Transjet II a couple years back in solid wax Phasers but I don't know *which* models and they all seem to have fallen off the face of the earth (the people).

I do have TJII I may try when my toner comes in.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I heard back from the guy who used TJII. He said the shirts have held up very well and that's all he uses for transfers now, although that is not the meat of his business.

I did a sheet of TJII this morning. The shirt is in the dryer now. It came out great using normal pressing instructions. I did it on a white shirt, will try ash later.

I ran the paper through Tray 1 with the paper setting of "Special"

I have samples of Duratrans and TransRoyal from Transfer Technology. Anyone know if the hand on these papers is less than the TJII?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just ran 2 samples of duracotton HT through my xerox 6250. I ordered the free sample pack through a link on this forum. I can't remember the last time I had a jam through the 6250. It could run this paper all day long. The durcotton emulsion side is really glossy. I don't do anything special when printing. Just run it through the mp tray on the plain paper setting. It looks gorgeous on the transfer. I pre pressed the shirt then let it cool for about 20 minutes. Then I pressed it for 17 sec. at 405 degrees at medium to heavy pressure. It peeled like butter. Beautiful, not a flaw in the transfer. I can't say enough good things about this combination. I think the toner cost about .10 to .12 cents a transfer. My next test is to print a 1 color laser plate on a offset press, printing onto a ironall transfer just to see what happens. The laser plates are 2 sided and cost about .75 cents each.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Hi Joe,
I have just bought a xerox phaser 6130 maybe you can help me with the setting of your printer. Can suggest a good laser paper fot shirt and mug. Did you try the duracoton mug? I know we have the same printer just differnt model. What setting you use for printing duracotton ht? Did you have problems with this printer? i will appreciate all your answer.Thanks

I just ran 2 samples of duracotton HT through my xerox 6250. I ordered the free sample pack through a link on this forum. I can't remember the last time I had a jam through the 6250. It could run this paper all day long. The durcotton emulsion side is really glossy. I don't do anything special when printing. Just run it through the mp tray on the plain paper setting. It looks gorgeous on the transfer. I pre pressed the shirt then let it cool for about 20 minutes. Then I pressed it for 17 sec. at 405 degrees at medium to heavy pressure. It peeled like butter. Beautiful, not a flaw in the transfer. I can't say enough good things about this combination. I think the toner cost about .10 to .12 cents a transfer. My next test is to print a 1 color laser plate on a offset press, printing onto a ironall transfer just to see what happens. The laser plates are 2 sided and cost about .75 cents each.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bump....

I happen to have a Xerox 8550 Phaser...solid block inks...
So... Is it possible to use it with Duracotton HT to make transfers? That would awesome. I have some duracotton already to use in my OKI 3400, and would like to try in the Phaser...but will wait for feedback first.

Thanks!

Andy

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Bump....

I happen to have a Xerox 8550 Phaser...solid block inks...
So... Is it possible to use it with Duracotton HT to make transfers? That would awesome. I have some duracotton already to use in my OKI 3400, and would like to try in the Phaser...but will wait for feedback first.

Thanks!

Andy
When i buy my xerox phaser i try to print in duracotton, duracotton mug and techniprint they all work fine may only comment is that the output quality of my xerox is dull not really vivid. I also purchase the brother printed and i love it but when i experimenting some inkjet paper i damage my printer and now i got oki c5500. If i will buy again a new printer i gonna buy brother or oki. (for my own opinion only)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I want to thank all of the users who posted replies to this message. I have a Xerox 8550 Phaser color printer and I was thinking about using it to produce heat press transfers. Your knowledge and responses have made me reconsider my choice of using this printer for heat transfers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.