T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Martin,

I downloaded a driver from Xante.com about three monthas ago for my dinosaur Screen-Writer 3.
Works great but Windows XP still looks to add the new hardware every time I start up. Not a big issue, I just cancel the pop-up and continue on.

Doug

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for your help guys.finally got driver loaded.alas i now have another problem.when i try to print the status on xante printer reads ready/idle whilst my computer says print error.as dougs reply still looks to add hardware when i switch on.helllppp.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Martin,

If I remember correctly, I saved the downloaded driver to a file and when I manually installed by going thru Control Panel-printers and then telling it where I had the driver located. XP then found the driver and voila! I was able to print. Every time I restart windows it finds new hardware but I just tell it to ignore and everything remains usable. Hope this helps, I'm sure someone more computer savvy than me would roll over laughing but this seems to work (which after all is the object of this puzzle, right?) Best of luck, if you finally get it running you'll like it. Nice dark transparencies.

Doug

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.