T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Make your background block. Place your text on top of it. Select your text and background and click on the front minus back button. It is on the top next to simplify and trim buttons. Repeat with other objects that you want to knock out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for fast reply. I should explain a bit better, im looking to get the small black bits around the word. I have got the word it self sorted, just the black specks are looking a bit impossible.

Cheers!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
I cant tell from the pic very well. It looks to me that the black is the black of the shirt showing through the design. You do the same thing with what ever you are using. Be it text or whatever.

It looks like the area around the text is like cracks in concrete. If that is the case. Make a block of the same size. Fill it with a pattern fill that is similar. Convert that fill to a black and white bitmap land do a trace on it. Place that over your other block and do the front minus back.

If you dont get another answer, I will see if I can knock out a quick video in the morn, I am on the laptop right now.

·
Registered
205 Posts
That would appear to be a texture effect. Is such a thing available in X4? I use Photoshop and Illustrator and such an effect would be simple to do by either creating a texture or selecting an existing texture and changing the color of the texture so the black areas print as white (effectively leaving holes) allowing the shirt color through.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Richard is right on. The specks are just a vector of distress bits and pcs. You lay them over your graphic and simplify or cut out...whatever that feature is called. Basically the same way you removed the lettering.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
awesome. I downloaded the distressed plugin from the corel site. I can open the folder on my desktop, and open 'distressed plugin' in that folder, but what do i do to install it into coreldraw? I followed the prompts in the help guide but I cant get it to work!!

ive done Tools > options > workspace > plugins > add

but it still doesn't get it up in the program...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts