T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone has ordered large quantities from the Australian Wordans? Their reviews seem really good for the other shops in the world but I can't seem to find anything for the Aussie one specifically.

Thanks in advance...

Adriana :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Almafudge

I placed an order on Wordans 3 weeks ago, just a small order of a hundred assorted shirts to test their service. Only after a phone call and email to their customer support people did my order move from "Batching" to "Shipping". So the times they post for delivery arent quite exact.

On top of that the website I ordered from quoted CAN$94 postage. They phoned me today saying their computers had it wrong and they charged me an extra CAN$79 postage to get my order shipped!

I still have no idea how long it will take to ship to Australia?? Or cost Im going to get charged from customs but so far not a good experience.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm not sure how they get away with such a blatant misrepresentation, their site perports that they have a local presence in Australia which they don't.

While they may be OK with 1 off printed T's there pricing on larger orders of blank t's is quite deseptive. it is only after you add the freight in the check out process that the true cost after the addition of freight from Canada becomes clear.

When i did a comparison between Wordans shirts ex Canada and Wholesale Blank T's, they (Wordans) are more expensive. I can't see why you would wait 7-10 days to get an order of blanks that can be sourced locally cheaper and quicker.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah 'Wordan's' can be beaten easily. When I first saw their website, I browsed it for a while (Inc prices, site structure = service) and it didn't look promising at all.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hey guys, why you have to go to U.S Customised T shirt printing company if you can make it locally ?
its more faster, excellent & down to earth customer service .... you also helping our own and based T shirt printing Company here in AU .. just a thoughts :)
Thanks
Ferdz

·
Registered
255 Posts
I had just rang there 1800 number fromt there .com.au site???Had a nice chat with a Canadian fellow who informed that the are a Montreal based company. I wanted:

-50 Black tee's (cheapest..not sure want he quoted me?i'd imagine gildan)
-5 colour screen print (was asurred that it would be screened,only designs w/ gradients are DTG/Transfers)
-Free shipping !!!! I told him several times that i was in Australia.
-Total cost $439.00CAN...$8.78/shirt.
Turn around was 48hrs fom artwork/payment to shipping!!! And then 5-10 days shipping.

I'll let yáll draw your own conclusions.
Rudi.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ordered my first batch of blanks through them thinking they were based locally but instead it was sent from Canada.

1 thing i learnt is that if you plan or putting in a big order, anything that is over $1000 AUD you will have to pay a fee to clear customs. Not knowing this i ordered about 400 pieces and got charged an extra $550AUD to clear customs and receive my garments.

One of the things that made me buy from wordans is because they had a wider range of style and colors.

If i remember clearly the total time it took me to get my boxes of goods was approx just over 2 weeks.

Id recommend only ordering from them small quantities and styles that you can't get anywhere locally.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have been set to order from them until i looked on online reviews. Their prices are great, if you do 50+ you can request a bulk quote and normally get about 60% off, so cheap as anything. Not sure on the quality though.

BUT according to their online reviews they are nothing but trouble. Some people have never received goods, payment takes forever, shipping can take up to months and some have said their quality is horrible but some have said it is great.

If you do get a dud batch then you get store credit, not your cash back so you just have to deal with it all again.

Anybody used it recently because i want to give it a shot for the prices but don't want to risk it.

ps: I would use aussie companies but i have to do a bigger order than what they offer. :confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just used Wordans for 380 shirts of various sizes in a mens and womens fit and was very pleased with the service. I was tentative at first, because I'd read some negative stuff, but the ordering process was easy, the emails from Canada friendly and attentive, and my shirts arrived 10 working days after I placed the order. Quality is good - excellent value for money. I wanted to use an Australian company, but my client base in this case was very cost-focused (students) and to get a 2-motif full colour 100% cotton shirt for $11 including freight and customs duty, I couldn't go past Wordans.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah this depresses me alot to see a job like this outsourced to Canada.

I just did some quick sums and we're waaaay cheaper than $11 a shirt on an order of 380 with a 4 colour process print. Turnaround within 5 business days, and shipped from Brisbane.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi wiggum, perhaps you need to improve your visibility on a google search of 'tshirt printing brisbane' because you don't readily come up. I'd also be interested in how you can be cheaper than many of your fellow Australian t-shirt printers, but if you can be and can beter wordans, good luck to you. Will keep you in mind if doing any more!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I recently placed an order with Wordans.au form my company's uniforms; I received everything on time, an was really happy with the quality of product I received. They must print from Australia now, as all the parcels I received were coming from Sydney.
Cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts