T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again I say hello. I have recently made a few design changes to the site. For the most part I have received decent feedback, but am still not making the sales I want, and have been wondering is the site the bud of that issue.

I need you to tell me, in your opinion, the good the bad and the ugly. Be blunt, I am the designer I can always go in a make the changes.

LAME- Living Ambitious through Meaningful Existence

·
Registered
144 Posts
That link doesn't work. I click it and I get an obscure page which has some stuff about 'create your own webpage' but no active links to garments. The header I can see on the left is spelt wrong, and if the spelling was correct it would then be grammatically incorrect.
It's also out of focus. If it was anything it would be very bad.

·
Registered
169 Posts
1: It's obvious you didn't build your own website.
2: You have four or five different fonts on the homepage alone.
3: The send button for your contact form is barely visible.
4: Your social media links aren't congruent.
5: There's no way to buy the shirts.

I love your message, and what you're doing for the community, but the site isn't up to speed. But then, I have a VERY biased opinion against site builders.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1: It's obvious you didn't build your own website.
2: You have four or five different fonts on the homepage alone.
3: The send button for your contact form is barely visible.
4: Your social media links aren't congruent.
5: There's no way to buy the shirts.

I love your message, and what you're doing for the community, but the site isn't up to speed. But then, I have a VERY biased opinion against site builders.
Apparently so.

- The site was designed by myself using a hosting site.

- There are only two fonts used on the homepage, and are repeated throughout the site.

- The send button could be more visible, but there is also another contact form on the site.

- The social network links definitely work.

- there is a shopping cart near the shirts, and message that says click the cart to shop.

I guess I'll say thank you for visiting the site, and revisit your points.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm not trying to be rude. Please don't take my criticism offensively. I want to see you succeed, and I'm just pointing out what I see.

-You have 3 fonts for your site, and then another font for the site builder plug at the bottom. [media]http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/3195/lame.png[/media]

-Why have two? The first one I saw (the one on every page) almost looks like decoration. I'd suggest plugging something else in that space.. Maybe a featured product?

-I didn't say your social network links didn't work. They LOOK out of place. There's a few great button image packs out there with all of the top social networking sites, and they all look similar and professional.

-I found the shopping cart after a lot of searching. I was on the lookbook page, expecting it to be there. I passed off your shopping cart icon as annoying clip art (not being offensive, just stating my opinion). I'd suggest making your shop an actual page, OR have a link on the navbar that says shop, so your customers aren't hunting for it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hello again. I clicked on your site once more and this time it opened.
I like the shirts.
There is a lot of management speak and philosophy that I the browser, (in the two minutes max that you have my attention), am not interested in. So I would say plot the line from the homepage to paying for the shirt and make it a straight line. Open page - see shirts - see details of shirts - pay for shirts. Then as an almost optional aside - 'Who We Are' - which all could do with being seriously chopped down. The data behind the 'Initiative' tab is a bit sharper but get the message into two sentences. You can put the deeper information on a small tab at the end but control it all.
Simplify all the information and speak directly to the person that you think is buying the shirts.
There are grammatical and spelling mistakes everywhere so I would suggest you get someone who professionally deals with words to wordsmith it all for you. Every writer needs an editor.
Everyone except your Mum will be bored rigid with all the trumpet blowing stuff about Triston on the 'About' page. No-one likes a - I think the American expression is 'blowhard'. You have one minute to grab the person and then another to convince them to buy so don't go off on a tangent telling them about solving world hunger. 'Cool shirts by nice people that work in the community.' A little humour wouldn't hurt either; it's all a bit sanctimonious and serious, and feels as if it is climbing up its own backside with management speak. If you don't sell the shirts the whole idea collapses. Good luck.

·
Registered
144 Posts
One last thing before I leave. This whole motto - 'Living Ambitious through Meaningful Existence' doesn't sit right with me at all. It surely should read 'Living Ambitiously through Meaningful Existence'. It still doesn't make much sense but it reads a bit better. Living ambitiously?
'Life. Ambition and Meaningful Existence' might be smoother. There has to be a more eloquent way of describing life where people are aspirational and at the same time give back to their community, (without plagiarizing Obama).
'Love, Ambition, Mentoring, Example.'

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One last thing before I leave. This whole motto - 'Living Ambitious through Meaningful Existence' doesn't sit right with me at all. It surely should read 'Living Ambitiously through Meaningful Existence'. It still doesn't make much sense but it reads a bit better. Living ambitiously?
'Life. Ambition and Meaningful Existence' might be smoother. There has to be a more eloquent way of describing life where people are aspirational and at the same time give back to their community, (without plagiarizing Obama).
'Love, Ambition, Mentoring, Example.'
I will definitely go over the the grammatical and spelling errors. As for the line, concepts, name, and aim I'll handle that. This post was strictly to critique the site, not my companies platform. Thank you for your time and insight.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wow. I'm really feelin t-shirt forums right now. I know it can be hurtful for people to be critical of your creations and some criticisms you have every right to let pass in the wind i.e 'your company platform' but, more often than not, simplicity is best. And to be honest 'Living ambitious through meaningful existence' does't seem to make much sense to me. If you're aiming to be though provoking you've acheived that, but it could definately read smoother.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Other than that, I'm feeling what you're doing and it is a decent site.

I think the lookbook def needs some tweeks as it just feels like a shoping gallery. My first reaction when i rolled over one of the images was to click on it to get a price and see a larger image. I felt frustrated when I had to go back to the main page in order to get to the shop, and even more annoyed when the design i liked wasnt even listed.

1. I agree that you should add a shop tab/link at the top

2. Also maybe change the gallery style to one with smaller thumbnails which you click to enlarge and which then has the next and previous licks so it actually feels like a look book and not a shop gallery.

3. Make it more interesting and add some artistic substance - apply some lifestyle concepts so people can see themselves in the products. As you are the brand you need to sell the lifestyle idea, not just feature the t-shirt like any retailer.

Lastly. I'm no expert on web sites, i'm just a graphic designer, but I think Fauxfax is on the money with his points.

Keep doing you thing though and i hope what i've said helps.

;-)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts