T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have been using the Wow by Magic Touch here in the UK. It works well but can be a bit quirky but the price is very high. Does anyone know of a similar product on the market at a lesser price? Also I have used their TTC paper which is a fab product and have no complaints but wondered if there was an equivalent of TTC for dark garments - one you can print and just cut around with a scissors instead of using a cutter. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks and have a great day!

·
Registered
25 Posts
The nature of dark t-shirt transfers is that there has to be a white underbase for the color to show up. We do offer the OBM transfer paper which is less expensive than WOW but has to be cut. You can use scissors to cut it but remember any white you leave behind will print on the shirt.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i prefer imageclip... i can't for the life of me get any decent transfers with ANY TheMagicTouch media....
Also the support from TheMgicTouch is dire/hopeless..... all they do is tell you to change from this setting to that.... sp you do and waste money on transfer paper... it doesn't work so they ask you to change to another setting.... just go round in circles...........

·
Registered
683 Posts
i prefer imageclip... i can't for the life of me get any decent transfers with ANY TheMagicTouch media....
Also the support from TheMgicTouch is dire/hopeless.....
My experience with the magic touch has been totally the opposite. So much so I am offering finished transfers for people without a lazer printer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Also the support from TheMgicTouch is dire/hopeless..... all they do is tell you to change from this setting to that.... sp you do and waste money on transfer paper... it doesn't work so they ask you to change to another setting.... just go round in circles...........
If you are not getting proper results from TheMagicTouch transfers it is possible that the equipment you are using is not compatible with the process. You need to use a swing away press (no clamshell) to get the best distribution of pressure. You also want a heat press that has a quick recovery time of temperature as well as even distribution of heat across the platen.

·
Registered
683 Posts
If you are not getting proper results from TheMagicTouch transfers it is possible that the equipment you are using is not compatible with the process. You need to use a swing away press (no clamshell) to get the best distribution of pressure. You also want a heat press that has a quick recovery time of temperature as well as even distribution of heat across the platen.

Whilst I have nothing whatsoever to do with the Magic Touch you are of course correct for the WOW process but for White T shirt transfers they come out mint on a clam press and I have been inunated with people asking me to supply the pre printed transfers for them to just press onto the shirts using these presses.

The guy who has said that the technical support is useless is not only wrong, but IMHO has an ulterior motive for putting them down.

You dont send engineers out for site visits unless you are SERIOUS about support.

I will leave it at that!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi UKRACER
i did not have an ulterior motive, i was letting off steam and some frustrations... I admit that my original post was strong and in hindsight i was wrong to air my frustrations on a public forum.
I have resolved my issues with TMT and would like to take this opportunity to thank Jim Nicol (MD TMT) for his personal intervention and his concern.

I sent you a PM regards getting some transfers but as yet have not received a reply, are you still supplying transfers?

thanks
Ameer

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hi UKRACER
i did not have an ulterior motive, i was letting off steam and some frustrations... I admit that my original post was strong and in hindsight i was wrong to air my frustrations on a public forum.
I have resolved my issues with TMT and would like to take this opportunity to thank Jim Nicol (MD TMT) for his personal intervention and his concern.
Thats great ! As long as its all sorted. It was frustrating to see a company being maligned when my experience with them is nothing but superb!

Good on you for the public apology also!

I sent you a PM regards getting some transfers but as yet have not received a reply, are you still supplying transfers?

thanks
Ameer
Not seen it yet. I usually get an email to notify me I will go and look at it now.

But yes its becoming more and more popular now. Many small quantity T shirt suppliers are not able to justify the expense of a lazer to start with but are now able reaping the benefits of laser transfers without the outlay! I know at least two who will be getting their own lazer in the new year! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts