T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all....I finally tested my wow 7.1 paper last night with mixed results. Alot of that gray substance was still around the design and it cracked very badly.... I was waiting for the whole design to fall off when I shook it. Any who ...is there any thing similar to WOW 7.1 with less steps and more cost effective??

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I remember reading about them, but I could never get in contact with them. I'm beginning to think that my only option is to get dark transfer paper that I like and get a cutter to trim it? Is that the right direction? Any sugguestions are welcomed! :D

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
That is one option. Another is plastisol transfers. Freedom transfers are nice if you are looking for something that has multiple colors in it.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Kisscut does not fall in the Wow 7.1's category. Wow 7.1 is a laser self weeding for light and dark. Kisscut is an inkjet transfer strictly for lights. There is a self weeding for lights similar to kisscut that has been tested and evaluated by forum members. It is made in China.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
What is the link to the paper made in China? About how much does it cost?
Here is the link: ¡ËYIWU CHENCAI ARTS&CRAFTS¡Ë

Again the inkjet paper is for lights only. If you are looking for self weeding for light that is proven to work try Imageclip. It is a two step process laser transfer paper. It looks and feels like screen print. No polymer window. It is my paper of choice. I pressed 17 shirts today without a hiccup.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Hello all....I finally tested my wow 7.1 paper last night with mixed results. Alot of that gray substance was still around the design and it cracked very badly.... I was waiting for the whole design to fall off when I shook it. Any who ...is there any thing similar to WOW 7.1 with less steps and more cost effective??
I was in ISS trade show last week and visited The Magic Touch booth. I watched as samples are being pressed on mini tshirts. Not one shirt had gray substance or white speckles that most user are reporting. I got 5 of the mini tshirt samples and they looked good. I did a stretch test to find out if the images will crack. The samples all did OK. I have to really stretch hard to see a very slight cracking but it returns to normal when released.

On the other hand I pressed a sample with my press which was done half hazardly that the image stayed with the m-sheet on the second pressing. I have to peel it off from the m-sheet and carefully lay it on the shirt and pressed it that way. In the process part of the image was ripped. Part of the image was cracked but there was notgray substance. The cracking was due to my process being flawed.

Here is a link of my test with photos: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/heat-press-heat-transfers/t55237.html

I will be getting two pairs of Wow 7.1 next week. I am going to take another crack at it. Hopefully it will be better this time.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Imageclip is great! But, after doing a poll of potential clients most chose dark color shirts...black, red, blue. I guess I'll have to see about investing in a vinyl cutter.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have 6 sheets of wow left....hopefully my next go at it will be more sucessful....nevertheless, it will be more practical for me to get a cutter.

·
Registered
108 Posts
TD.....Here is the process in which to do the WOW7.1.......

A) Print your image onto the image paper. (It has an I in the back)

B) Mask the image onto a reg. good quality laser paper. (not included in your order.)

C) Press the mask onto the "Main" sheet (if not done right, here's where your grey comes in)

D) Then align your image registration with your silhouette from the mask and press that together.

E) Now your all set and just press it to the garment itself!!!

If done properly??? You should have a great print with no problems:) Which sales guy did you talk to from the company????

·
Registered
417 Posts
TD.....Here is the process in which to do the WOW7.1.......

A) Print your image onto the image paper. (It has an I in the back)

B) Mask the image onto a reg. good quality laser paper. (not included in your order.)

C) Press the mask onto the "Main" sheet (if not done right, here's where your grey comes in)

D) Then align your image registration with your silhouette from the mask and press that together.

E) Now your all set and just press it to the garment itself!!!

If done properly??? You should have a great print with no problems:) Which sales guy did you talk to from the company????
Actually these steps are not complete.

According to your video and from talking to one of your reps you have a certain process for where the wow pad and release paper should go.

For example the wow pad is supposed to be pre-heated before the 1st step occurs (about 10 seconds).

Then step C is done and peeled "hot" making sure to leave the release paper laying on the stack. Also don't pick up the stack instead please them with the stack laying flat.

Then when you are ready to press the m & i together you need to remove the "wow" pad from the press and put the release paper on the platen. Align the m & i sheets together and cover with the "wow pad" (shiny side up) and press.

Let stack "COOL" before peeling.

All said the steps aren't complete and i'm just sharing some of the "missing parts" (not all of them).

I think if you guys give complete steps (especially where the wow pad and release paper should be in any given step) people will be more successful.

It's not enough to say "this is where things can go wrong like you did for "Step C". It would be good to explain "why it goes wrong" is the grey film because there's 'too much pressing', "not enough pressing time", not enough pressure, etc.

Just pointing out that critical steps are missing and can be why so many are not being successful. I've tried the paper and came up with about 16 steps to this process. Still after 3 days of my daughters wearing shirts the design started cracking, peeling. I've washed them and now letters are missing. One shirt (had not film) another had the film i had to remove with tape (which i got directions from directions on the magictouch site).

This paper is expensive so it would be very good to give detailed instructions.

Just my 2-cents

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks for pointing this out.....I did forget a few things (like the peeling & pad).....But, It does come with instructions, including the pad and we do offer a tutorial. I had about 5 minutes when i answered and figured, my answer might help:( I really do "Appreciate" your feedback :) But i never said...Your quote next....
It's not enough to say "this is where things can go wrong like you did for "Step C".

C) Press the mask onto the "Main" sheet (if not done right, here's where your grey comes in) Is what i said. Which is true.

I totally agree with your post and the next time i try and help i will not do it on the fly:( This is why i love this forum....There's "ALWAYS" an endless amount of info available:)

·
Registered
417 Posts
But, It does come with instructions, including the pad and we do offer a tutorial.
I have a sample pack of wow paper with the pad and the directions are vague which is why i posted in the first place.

I was not attacking your instructions i was mearly trying to point out that the instructions that come even with the sample pack are not complete.

No you didn't say about "Step c" exactly as i said you said;

if not done right, here's where your grey comes in) Is what i said. Which is true.

I was simply pointing out telling someone "if it's not done right... here's where your grey comes in" is not enough. I was suggestion that "you" meaning the company not "you personally" should give some guidelines on why "grey film happens" (not enough pressure, too much pressure, etc) would be helpful.

I know for plastisol stock transfers they provide a troubleshooting guide that gives tips on why certain things happen;

- ink not adhering to the shirt (not enough heat/or pressure).

etc.

Again i am not attacking your instructions i'm just saying "the company" need to provide detailed instructions "in writing". I had to use the video and the brief instructions that came with the sample pack to get a decent print. Still the results were not perfect.

Just my 2-cents as someone that has tested the paper, see possibilities for it but think lack of clear consist instructions are preventing successful results.

·
Registered
108 Posts
It's ok.....I really do appreciate feedback:) And besides...I do bring this up with the owner:) So all of you really do help:) I meant no harm at all towards your post:) Besides.....You kick my butt in rank too:)

·
Registered
417 Posts
It's ok.....I really do appreciate feedback:) And besides...I do bring this up with the owner:) So all of you really do help:) I meant no harm at all towards your post:) Besides.....You kick my butt in rank too:)
Maybe the owner will be willing to work from the directions i put together and correct anything i have that is incorrect.

Like i said i do see possibilities for the paper but instructions are key and we need better ones.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts