T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I have a photo i doctered, etc., of blue raindrops (original colors in the original picture), how does the screen printer duplicate those colors?

is it possible? do they do it with a silk screen??

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Re: Getting a design onto a shirt

Without seeing the images, it's hard to tell how well screen printing would be able to reproduce it.

But basically they mix the inks together to match the colors in the design and use either process or many spot colors to screen the image on the t-shirts.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Getting a design onto a shirt

No. I am just using this as an example, the water. I have something very similar to this, that i changed the color in photoshop with curves, added text etc and used pin-light/vivid light effects etc with the text. i would probably do something on a lighter colored shirt....bc they told me 4-color process doesnt come out well on black (?)?

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Probably a simulated process would do it. Means more colors but will look like your art. Just a good guess as you will not post the image. 4-clr process can look good if not great on darks but very few printers can do it which is why they said it wouldnt look good. Just look at some of the impression awards. true four color process on darks and they are amazing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts