T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently selling shirts somewhat well through cafepress.com right now and I have just signed up with spreadshirt.com due to their product line being much more rich than cafepress and the ability to print on a wide variety of colors. (although cafepress just got black shirts which I am really excited about!)

Here is my question... Does anyone have any experience with or any suggestions on using these two sites as a "drop shipper" and having both types of products for sale through my own site which I would develop? I would have the shopping cart and everything on my own site but when an order comes in, I would just order it myself through cafepress/spreadshirt at my base price and have it shipped directly to the customer.

Basically I want to have both cafepress and spreadshirt inventory on one site. I don't know of any other way to do this. Anyone have any other ideas or experience? It would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chris said:
My mother taught me that if I can't say something nice I shouldn't say it at all.

Welcome to the board!
Chris,

I'm sorry, I don't understand your reply... I suppose you disapprove of cafepress or spreadshirt?? Not sure what you were getting at.

Thanks for your welcome though!

Tabitha

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
To be honest it sounds like a really bad idea to me.

Leaving aside issues of quality, legality (may be fine, may not be), etc. there's the simple question of the amount of labour required. If you're at all successful, it's going to take a lot of time and effort to fulfill your orders. Not to mention your "wholesale" prices would be atrocious.

There are much much better ways of expanding your t-shirt business.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Like most people here, I too don't think the dropshipping route is feasible. You can still build an html site incorporating both cafepress and spreadshirt products that send customers to the site to pay and achieve the same effect.

See http://www.truenorthgear.ca for what i'm talking about,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts