T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Administrator
18,439 Posts
was wondering if it is allowed by the star wars company, because it does not say star wars just an image of a porg...
A mystical creature invented by Star Wars/Disney. :)

Your question gets asked here for many different types of image copying. Browse the General T-Shirt Selling Discussion section of the forum for replies to other posts like yours. But the bottom line is, if you sell it and Disney finds out about it, expect a call from their lawyers. Or maybe from these guys: https://www.designbyhumans.com/shop/StarWars/

· Registered
9 Posts
In our shop even with embroidery we follow a simple rule when it comes to logo and images, with or with out text. If some is to look at that image are they going to associate with the trademarked image or logo. So in this case ask yourself or others if they are to look at this is their first thought stars was, if yes than I would say not to do it. A really easy example that I show my clients is the Harley Davidson bar and shield logo, if you put your own text in people with still associate it with Harley Davidson there for you cant use it. I could be way wrong but that's how I was taught it! hope this helps

· Registered
781 Posts
i created the art work but i was wondering if it is allowed by the star wars company, because it does not say star wars just an image of a porg...
When you say "You created the art" what do you mean?

Did you start with a blank page and draw the whole image?
Or
Did you take an image and remove the background and touch it up?

Either way... if this is something that is from star wars then NO you cant print it without a license from the owner of the original art.
You cant redraw Luke skywalker and then sell it and say "its my art, i drew it" ...no you copied it.

You cant remake/redraw/recreate art and claim it as your own or profit from it without a license. If you do you are stealing...it might be from a huge corporation with a ton of money, but it is still theft.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.