T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi. Normally people wouldn't be able to give you specific legal advice on this forum, but this is an interesting one.

Now I used to like Star Trek, but I honestly wouldn't know what Klingon phrases would look like, if I tripped over one. I personally think that anyone who has a few too many beers, can end up talking like a Klingon anyway.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
If I were a judge presiding over this case in a court, I would be struggling to contain my amusement.

You would have Paramount contesting that their incoherrent 'Klingon' phrases that were seldom used and which probably only the real die hard fans would ever even notice, has somehow undermined their alleged copyright. I doubt if even the actors that uttered the phrases could even remember what exactly they said now.

Irrespective of any legal issues, I somehow couldn't see Klingon type phrases on tees, being commercially viable. You would have to explain to observers that no, the printer wasn't dyslexic, or drunk when they made them. To younger observers you would have to explain what a Klingon actually was.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.