T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I was wondering if it any of you know if this set up would be good to buy for a beginner:

storesonline.com/site/799934/product/1009

I read the website and all the how-to's, and it seems pretty good, but have any of you used this one in particular, and if so how was it and would you recommend it? Or, are their a lot of silk screen kits like this and they're all the same? I have no clue. I do have my sights set on buying that, and some blank t's and additional stuff i would have to buy for it. thanks ahead of time

-oc

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just joined but I don't think you would be satisfied with it. From everything I have read on other secren printing forums, these are not worth the money. When I started, I made my own to start with. I would look at the Classifieds on screen printing forums and see what's available in used equipment. You can have a screen made with your image at most suppliers. Burning a good screen has a pretty good learning curve if you haven't done it. JMO. Have a BLESSED day.
God Bless You
Don

·
Registered
208 Posts
oc,

I would suggest you check this press out. I have on and it allows you to buy 1 arm at a time to add more colors later on.
http://www.livingstonsystems.com/
I bought it and don't have the other attachments yet because all I have done so far is single color but at least I know I don't have to buy another whole press when I do finally get a multi color job.

It is a cheaper price than what you are looking at (minus all the extras)and I'm willing to bet, alot better quality.
They are also friendly people to deal with and I think my press was delivered within two days with regular shipping.
You have to put it together yourself but it was very easy (actually fun) because you get to see how everything actually works and it comes with very simple instructions. A monkey could do it.

peace,Todd

1 - 3 of 3 Posts