T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is this, once the cotton fibers in t-shirts start breaking the JPSS image begins to look faded. Would the image last longer on polyester shirts since there is no cotton to "fuzz"?

·
Registered
346 Posts
My question is this, once the cotton fibers in t-shirts start breaking the JPSS image begins to look faded. Would the image last longer on polyester shirts since there is no cotton to "fuzz"?
Hello,
I don't know if the shirt would "last longer" on poly because the ink will naturally just fade over time, however, on cotton if you want to stop the shirt from "fuzzing" over time you can iron it with a silicone sheet over the transfer and it will make it look like new. What this does is to restore the cotton fibers to their original state. Just an FYI
Robert

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Robert, I've done that with my tees, but was wanting to get opinions on whether the JPSS image is more durable on poly as opposed to cotton because of the cotton fibers breaking and making the image look faded prematurely. Does the same thing happen with all poly shirts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts