T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend's father has had a heat press unused for years.

Will I be insane to use this for the very first attempt at heat transfer for what appears may be my very first order?

Joanne

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would try using the press before I took any orders. Or at least have a backup plan like going to the shop down the street if the old press doesn't work, and know the cost beforehand so you don't lose money on the deal if that happens.

Practice on old shirts with the actual vinyl you plan to use... see if you can get the settings right before you use the final garments.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DO you think it possible to find a company that will take my ordered heat transfer papers and press them on for a cost?
Thanks,
Joanne

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
My heat press is decades old and still works. So it's worth a try.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I buy old heat press and fix them there is nothing to fixxing them. Just find out who makes them then go to there site and ask if they have parts. you may not even have to fix!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
My old hat press must be at least 20 years old. That too had stood for a number of years, but it still works fine. Most of these presses are only glorified hotplates. I speak as a fully qualified electrical engineer when I say that. There really isn't that much to them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts