T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently looked into hand made tee's and realize they'd have to cost a considerately amount higher then a regular tee since it's hand made and all. But since people buying would know that there shirt/jacket/sweater etc. would be the only of its kind would it sell more? would it be like and art gallery just with T's that cost alot? Check some of this work ? customeklektik.etsy.com Is it really worth it? is it a good buy? This will be the foundation of the business i'm attempting to start and i need advice in proceeding, if I've got the seamstress skill, and if the price is right?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I'm sure someone would buy them. With Tee-shirts what makes them popular is the graphic and the relatively low cost. You would make more per shirt but sell fewer of them is what my thinking is. Good Luck
John :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
It depends on your target audience.
And yes, it will most likely be an art gallery with expensive clothing.
Personally, I would never buy this, since I find this type of clothing to be usually
non-practical (see: tacky)
but there is surely a market for this, you just have to focus on them. Particulary the "beatnik"y type of crowd who like to spend a lot of money on they authentic vintage clothes. It's a niche market and a lot of work, but if you are willing to put you 110% I'm sure it will work out :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts