T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to purchase a used Hotronix 16X20 draw press with 3 extra platens for $500. The unit was purchased new in 2001 and has not been used very much. It looks to be in pretty good shape. Does this sound like a good deal?

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Re: Worth the price?

If you can examine it and confirm it functions okay that sounds like a reasonable price; less than half the cost of a new press. Double check but I believe it has a lifetime warranty on the heating element, if true then you don't have to worry about that.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I would thik that is a exceptional deal . The Draw press like the swinger are great machines, but take more time to press a shirt than a clam type press. I would say $500 is less than half price for this equipment in used condition. .... JB

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So here's the scoop...I went and looked at the press. Very good shape, looks like it's barely been used. It comes with the 3 extra platens, teflon sheets, 2 boxes of random transfers (probably about 60 total), 2 kits of lettering (2" white and 2" black - not much of which has been used), 3 full rolls of vinyl, 6 rolls of Poly-Twill, and a few other sorted items.

And YES...my bank account is $500 lower. I think I got a steal. Can't wait to put it to use.

The only question I have is, can the Poly-Twill be cut using a vinyl cutter?

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Yes it can be cut with a vinyl cutter. It is advised to use a cutter that has a servo motor like the one the Roland GX-24 has. A cutter with a stepper motor can do the job, but the servo motor is much stronger and more reliable for heavier cutting such as twill. I also reccommend the 60 degree blade for such cutting. Congrtulations on the awesome bargain. .....JB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts