T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering who is following the World Cup.

Best team play I have seen so far has been Germany's domination over Australia.

Watching on the tube is pretty tough with that horn noise blasting away. I wonder why the networks arent trying some sort of audio filter?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Just wondering who is following the World Cup.

Best team play I have seen so far has been Germany's domination over Australia.

Watching on the tube is pretty tough with that horn noise blasting away. I wonder why the networks arent trying some sort of audio filter?
The US team did pretty good vs England, with a bit of luck they could have also repeated their 1950 victory over them.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I saw the last half of the USA vs England game. I thought England had more control of the ball, and the shot USA got was luck, but then a lot in the game can be. I caught a recap of the Germany game and felt sorry for the Aussies. Germany had some beautiful plays. My household will be rooting for Brazil tomorrow, as that is where my wife is from. :D

·
Registered
214 Posts
I think Spain and Brazil are the top teams in the field.

With the win I expect Slovenia to bunker down looking to attack only on the counter. The US will look to Cherundolo and Bocanegra to push up and get involved it the attack. Bradely should be able to play further forward as well because he won't be worried about Slovenia's Central Mids. I am expeting to see either Buddle or Herculez starting up top with Jozy.

Saw a couple of matches in Germany last round but wasn't really interested in a trip to S. Africa. ESPN"s coverage has been amazing - Hope the ratings are worthy of their efforts and expense.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
It's either Brazil, Italy, or Germany taking the world cup. I could be wrong though, these teams seem pretty damn good.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
The US team did pretty good vs England, with a bit of luck they could have also repeated their 1950 victory over them.

Yes. What's up with all these tie scores? You have Mexico vs South Africa with a tie score as well. lol

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
If the US were lucky with their first goal, so were the English not suffering a second goal late in the game.

My favorites to win are the usual 3 suspects, Brazil, Agentina,and Germany with the outsider Spain. This time Italy not so good, England always great hopes but not getting anywhere.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I know a lot of Australians very all keen to watch the game against Germany . Everyone getting up early to tune into the game , those Germans are good well done to them . maybe our expectations were beyond our team . Still keep watching though as there is something about the world cup that is contagious . We are lucky we have a state of Origin Rugby league game on Wednesday night QLD against NSW this keeps a lot of us on the coast excited this time of year .

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Italians came out strong and just let it go. Good for Paraguay getting that goal and hanging in to the end.

Lots of ties at 1 and 1.

Much sloppy goal tending but it should tighten up as the games move forward.

Wow, another 1 and 1 tie this morning.

I think Spain is the favorite but I could be wrong. I do hate those buzzing horns.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Here are my predictions for who will come out on top in each group:

Group A- Mexico

Group B- Argentina (This group is by far the most unbalanced group. Argentina could lay down on the field for the first half of each match and still outplay all of the other teams in that group)

Group c- England. I'm looking for the US to put up some good results but it won't be enough.

Group D- Germany (Another unbalanced group)

Group E- Netherlands

Group F- Italy

Group G- It's a toss-up between Brazil or Portugal. I honestly don't know who'll advance.

Group H- Spain

In the end I think it will either be Argentina, Spain, Italy or Brazil/Portugal.

Too early to tell for sure

I'll be rooting for Mexico for sure. If they make it into the Semi-Final I'll be one happy Mexican.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Germany has the largest advantage over any team. The bundesliga (I CANT SPELL) has played with this crap Adidas ball for 6 months and the German team is the only one that knows how to control its movement.

And as far as watching it goes, our warehouse has a 15 foot screen on the walls and the guys are operating automatics while watching all the games. Never thought I would see people at work so early. HAHAHAHHAHAHA

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I am rooting for Brasil, Argentina, and Spain I watched a bit the other night and thought something was wrong with the broadcast so I turned the station because it was so annoying. Then I hear it was those horns they were blowing. Wow the broadcasters have to be loosing their minds listening to that.

1 - 20 of 178 Posts