T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, I had a great day yesterday. One of my clients bought 170 shirts and hats from me. this was a non-profit company that was selling tees hats and visors, which I made for them at a Blues festival. So I also volunteered my time to help sell them. While there I sold them my new bag line for their non profit store and also made several contacts. A few of the bands had a tee shirt booth but none of them had their pictures on them and they like what I did so I made that contact and passed out my 6x4 inch glossy photo business card.. I left 30 minutes before event finished and they had sold 90 percent of the product we made. So it may be a good idea for a lot of you that sell to these types of events to donate your time because you could get more business and you did not have to pay for a booth.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Re: The old man..

Thats what i'm talking about!!!!
Fantastic.
It's what happens every so often at these events I bought a list for southern cal
and use it to pick and choose sometimes hit sometimes miss but I make much more then on the net.
Congrats to you

·
Registered
282 Posts

badalou said:
passed out my 6x4 inch glossy photo business card..
nice one, Lou... on another note, I've heard people swear by photo biz cards. do you normally get a good response from yours? that is, do you find people to be more receptive of a photo biz card then a traditional one?

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

On my card I show my product and give a lot of information. It is glossy and really colorful. I use the standard 4 x 6 size. Regular biz cards say very little and get shoved in wallets and then get cleaned out and into the trash.. Here is a good one.. being in the right place at the right time.. yesterday Sunday I made my second trip to the farmers market held Sundays and Thursday. I am trying to introduce my tote bags with fruit and vegetable crate labels on the them. They look great and I have sold to produce stand you see along the highways. Any way I was trying to get the guy who runs the market to let me set up and sell my bags.. we were talking and I had my bag in my hand and a lady who was doing business with this manager comes up and he stops talking to me and gets her a plant she was buying.. She asked me if the bag was my product.. I said yes and she said she likes it and that she ran a marketing company and asked for some info.. Photo glossy popped out and into her hand. She said her name very quickly and I asked if she had business card. She said no as she was just doing some quick shopping and she left.. Then the guy I was talking to started talking again and we are working on a deal. Then he asked if I knew who I was talking to (the lady) I said no.. he said she runs the asparagus festival here in Stockton,. (attendance over 100,000) Yipes.. ok.. now all of you fall down on your knees and pray that she calls me.. Any way I got her name.. right time, right place..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts