T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to start up a small out of garage t-shirt and other screen printing business. Is this a good setup to start with. Is the price fair?
https://treasure.craigslist.org/bfs/d/screen-printing-equipment/6592754031.html
Im just looking to do shirts for some local bars and sports teams maybe lawn services and such, nothing big. My girlfriend needs something to do all day since i work running my printing business at home. And of course a little extra money in the house would be great.

· Registered
45 Posts
Looks ok and you'll get your money back..But it's missing an exposure unit..So that is an additional cost.. I bought my equipment from Craig's list I paid 4 grand for everything worked great for years.. that vastex dryer looks pretty new..

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hesitated 2 weeks ago and missed out on a Riley 4/4, his $800 exposure unit, BBC little buddy, flash cure and a start up supplies package all was used 2 times for $4500.
Just kept thinking was too good to be true when he quickly accepted $4500 from $5500 asking.
Then i got a message was sold after i debated for over a week.
That was like a $9,000 package setup from Riley.
Like they say he who hesitates buys used equipment instead.

· Registered
8,278 Posts
That press looks like a Odyssey. for a 4/4 you can buy them $1000 or less. The plywood platens are junk if they are wood they should be melamine not plywood. Looking though the pic about the old thing with ant real value is the DB30 dryer. They list for about $2800 new and can find used $1500. I've seen them even less.

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also includes flash cure, wash sink, screens and 20 screen rack, seems decent deal i think i'm jumping in.
I may try make offer $2500, he has been trying to sell it awhile.
I know some parts of press need replaced, that would give me some cash toward that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.