T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a workhorse auto press from a local shop here in ky. Trying to get it to run as smooth as it can and wouldn't mind to have a technician come in and fine tune things. Or have someone knowledgeable about this press that could help out. I have only worked with M&R presses in shops I have worked at and love them. But this press for my personal shop was the only thing in budget.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I purchased a workhorse auto press from a local shop here in ky. Trying to get it to run as smooth as it can and wouldn't mind to have a technician come in and fine tune things. Or have someone knowledgeable about this press that could help out. I have only worked with M&R presses in shops I have worked at and love them. But this press for my personal shop was the only thing in budget.
Workhorse guys could get a tech out to you ASAP.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm looking at a Workhorse Freedom and the newer Freedom Express. How do you like yours so far? Have any comparison to M&R's Diamondback C?

·
Registered
16 Posts
workhores has a flaw if you plan to do 4 color process. i worked on on one for 5 years. it only has a pin in the middle to hold the squeegee, it will tilt. so your squeegee will tend to print heavier on one side than the other, i also worked on m&r for 10 years the difference isn't comparable. With an M&R you can precisely control your depth, stroke speed and pressure. this makes process printing much easier. with an M&R you can also do a revolver print which means you can sent a shirt around multiple times if you plan on flashing, this works great. I know one pass is optimal for speed but quality is important too. go with the M&R you wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
145 Posts
workhores has a flaw if you plan to do 4 color process. i worked on on one for 5 years. it only has a pin in the middle to hold the squeegee, it will tilt. so your squeegee will tend to print heavier on one side than the other, i also worked on m&r for 10 years the difference isn't comparable. With an M&R you can precisely control your depth, stroke speed and pressure. this makes process printing much easier. with an M&R you can also do a revolver print which means you can sent a shirt around multiple times if you plan on flashing, this works great. I know one pass is optimal for speed but quality is important too. go with the M&R you wont be disappointed.
That is not true anymore. Workhorse has switched from the V squeegee to a chopper squeegee/floodbar setup. Workhorse's touchscreen interface is also fantastic and I'd say the revolver mode is a lot more untuitive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts