T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just bought a Freedom 6 color 8 station. I have years of experience with the press but the place I used to work at had 3 machines and 2 really big compressors. I know the manufacturer air compressor requirements are 7.5 hp compressor Im not sure on the scfms 23?

Well I dont really have enough amps in the barn to support that size of a compressor and flash and dryer...etc. Has anyone on here ran that press successfully on a smaller air compressor. Say a 5 hp 80 gallon 2 stage. It provides 17.9 scfms? is that enough or will the compressor literally run constantly?

I know another shop that runs a 8/10 station Javelin press on a 60 gallon kobalt compressor and he says it runs constantly. I realize that if im on a large run, hundreds of shirts that the compressor probably wont keep up but on smaller runs 60-100 shirts will it be ok?

any info is appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Most compressors have CFM ratings at various PSI - you'll likely need 90 to 100 psi, but the critical measure is developing the necessary cfms...remember that you won't be using all the cfms at once, unless you are printing 6 colors. Didn't notice a chiller or line dryer in your power requirements, you'll want one to keep moisture out of your air lines and the press. Wish you luck

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most compressors have CFM ratings at various PSI - you'll likely need 90 to 100 psi, but the critical measure is developing the necessary cfms...remember that you won't be using all the cfms at once, unless you are printing 6 colors. Didn't notice a chiller or line dryer in your power requirements, you'll want one to keep moisture out of your air lines and the press. Wish you luck
I do plan on having a chiller. I just didnt mention.

Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
My suggestion is not to run your automatic press on a compressor that is not rated for what the press manufacture suggests. 1 the compressor will run constantly and die and 2 the press will not perform well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts