T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I guess its no secret that Earth will be closer to the Sun for the next few months, and it will be hot for all printer-kind this summer. It does get considerably hotter in my neck of the desert though... Was 108 yesterday outside, and the small commercial space I work out of rose to about 87°F yesterday. Humidity not an issue as the Printhead is always in solution with Freejet 'WetCap' system.

Is that too hot to run the machines. Heatpress, Spray booth, and Freejet all in same 350sqft environment (spray booth enclosed - away from printer).. Is it bad for the Inks? Let me know what your work environment is like this time of year.

Am looking at one of these to beat the heat with

Thanks

-T

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Portable aircon will not work in a room where is a heating source like heat press and there is hot outsie. I tried even higher end models and all didn't get the job done. Only a propper industrial aircon can do the trick.

Also aircon removes moisture from the room so you will need a lot stronger humidifier.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really, portable AC wont bring temp down at all?

I have the humidity right where I need it, in the capping station - right against the print-head. Electronics hate Humidity

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.