T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told by a friend that wordpress is a free and helpful blog to start a t-shirt line with and it can be used as good as a website can? Is this true? and its more user friendly? I have a designer that states he'll set up my site with wordpress for 250.00. Is that a fair deal?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was told by a friend that wordpress is a free and helpful blog to start a t-shirt line with and it can be used as good as a website can? Is this true? and its more user friendly? I have a designer that states he'll set up my site with wordpress for 250.00. Is that a fair deal?
Is the designer going to create a theme for you? if he's not doing anything custom, you'd basically be paying him $250 to upload the files onto your server and do all the basic settings.

Wordpress is very user friendly. All you do is upload the files to your web server, run the install file, and follow the directions. From there you can then add the plug ins and widgets that you see fit to enhance your website.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Wordpress isn't the ideal platform for an ecommerce site, but it's not terrible either. With enough customisation it's not immediately obvious that a site is running off WP.

If you're not comfortable with editing content (changing prices, adding items, etc.), WP can make it a lot easier for users with very little web experience to edit their website.

Whether or not the $250 is a fair deal depends on what he's "setting up". If it's a commerce-ready platform that is set just how you want it... yes, it's a good deal. In the more likely event that all he's going to do is install the WordPress blogging software to a domain... no, it's a terrible price.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am using 2 installs of Wordpress along with my shopping cart software and I love it. It is great for SEO and really a great way to get your posts spread all over the internet. That said, you are still going to need some kind of cart. There are a few that work with Wordpress, but I would use something else to sell the products and wordpress for your personal site.

//cassidy

·
Registered
61 Posts
WordPress is great and can be used for E-commerce, but obviously the shopping cart is not built-in. Personally, I would use a dedicated shopping cart system for selling my products, and then a Wordpress site for blogging, about page, etc.

$250 is a lot for just uploading Wordpress and creating an admin account, but if that money includes setup of all the e-commerce features, theme design, etc. you are getting quite a deal. You aren't clear about precisely what you are getting, but it could either be a really good or a really bad deal.

·
Registered
815 Posts
You get what you pay for!
If your feel that it is worth $250 to you to have someone set up your site then do it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts