T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced the printhead 3 weeks ago and no colors would print. Since checked main board and changed ribbon cable. Still won't print any ink. Any suggestions short of sending complete printer in for repair? Really need help.

· Premium Member
4,310 Posts
It would most likely be where the cables come in from the print head and connect to the board. The simple thing would be to take a glance at the underside of the board. See if there are any burn marks, no matter how slight, then of course, he can test the board if he wants to from there to find out exactly where the problem is. He most likely could repair it if he's good with electronics.

· Registered
3 Posts
I'm the guy that's been looking at the machine for Coleen. When I originally checked it, I saw no evidence of ink on the ribbon cables, and she is very fastidious when it comes to cleaning, so I ruled out cleaning solution on the cable ends as well. I tested the one IC fuse I found on the mainboard and it tested good, as did the AGC fuse on the power supply board.

Since ribbon cables are cheap, I had her buy new ones and I replaced them yesterday. After I was done we had input power and I heard the relay clicking but nothing else. My multimeter battery had gone dead during preliminary voltage checks so I decided to call it a night. Today it was discovered that the emergency stop was indeed engaged (Thanks to those that helped!!) and a check was done, but still no ink.

The machine is out of warranty by 3 weeks now and Pantograms tech support was not very helpful. When I asked them what they would check in determining a bad mainboard the tech replied that they don't test them, but that they only replace them.

I admit that I have not checked the underside of the mainboard for burn marks, and will do so today. Thanks for your continuing support in helping us get this problem resolved.

· Registered
3 Posts
Pop the eprom off your bad board and put it on your new one. That has worked for us.
Finally got the replacement from an Epson supplier. Upon inspecting both old and new mainboards, I found no removeable eproms. Perhaps there are different versions of the mainboard and we got the one that doesn't have removeable firmware.

Any ideas now?

Thanks in advance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.