T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The hats cost $2.70. It was about 5400 stitches. 25 hats total. I have a 1 head machine.

What I charged....$25 set-up fee and $12.95 per hat.

I know there are tons of factors that go into pricing, like location, demand all that good stuff. I'm just wondering if I'm in the right ballpark.

Thanks in advance for any imput.

Attachments

· Registered
1,371 Posts
For us it's a 7.50-8.00 hat in that quantity, but I'm with Jennifer, don't leave any money on the table. Good looking type by the way. :)

· Registered
274 Posts
I think for you only having a single-head (what I also have ATM) that's a fair price. 1 head running at 600 SPM would put you at around 4.5 - 5 hours, about $50/hour. Now, if you had a 4-head running at 600 SPM it'd take you 2 hours and you'd be at $50/hr offering around $8/hat. It's all relative to your operation. I need to keep telling myself that and just keep grinding to get up to a 4-6 head.

· Registered
665 Posts
I think for you only having a single-head (what I also have ATM) that's a fair price. 1 head running at 600 SPM would put you at around 4.5 - 5 hours, about $50/hour. Now, if you had a 4-head running at 600 SPM it'd take you 2 hours and you'd be at $50/hr offering around $8/hat. It's all relative to your operation. I need to keep telling myself that and just keep grinding to get up to a 4-6 head.
My shop only runs single head machines right now we have 6 all are melco. We run caps at 900 spm. I will never own a multiple head machine again I sold my 4 head and 6 head

· Registered
39 Posts
why not just asking

I agree, we have 14 single head machines now, I sold my 6 head Happy machine several years ago for a few reasons but mainly:

If the multi head machine breaks, it stops all production, single heads, if 1 goes down, you can still carry on.

If you have a large order, you can run the same design on several machines / all machines, or just 1 machines, freeing up the other machines for other jobs.

Over all, we just find that it helps us be more productive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.