T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the welcome. Sometimes it feels quite frustrating to find these sizes. I know that being heavy is quite unhealthy for most, but that shouldn't have to be naked with nothing nice to wear!

I hope someone knows of a supplier or distributor. Ulla Popken, Just My Size and Sillhouettes, to name a few have to be getting them somewhere!
bigatheart

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just checked out Jerico, which I have seen before ... thanks. Seems crazy to me that the only place to get larger women's shirts is to import them from Canada ... but maybe so?

My customer brought me a Just My Size - 3x - Champion 21737 that she bought online for $17 and asked me to decorate it. If she can buy it retail, why can't we buy it wholesale somewhere? Broder, TSC, none of the usual places we buy seem to carry anything larger than a 2X, except in boring unisex tees.

Wake up, people ... half the population is overweight, and they need clothes!

·
Registered
968 Posts
As an original garment supplier, we seldom manufacture plus size t-shirts, some times we did. It is a little exaggerated to grade full sizes from 4x to 10x. Why not suggest some volunteers around to measure up their chest, waist, also body length etc and tell to generalize a spec sheet? Here we stayed the people are becoming fatty day by day. : )

By the way, i have the detailed spec sheet for women plus, but dress only, it is not applicable to shirt. I think the expert who is working for some fashion company and responsible for making paper pattern, he can deliver us the specs. If you have the friends related, pls try to ask. Thanks.

Bill

·
Registered
35 Posts
I agree, 4X - 10X is probably a bit hard to categorize. However, the fact is that even a Hanes Silver for ladies 3X is a pretty small shirt ... roughly equivalent to a men's XL. If you take a lady who looks like Rosie O'Donnell, Rosanne Barr, Carnie Wilson or even Anna Nicole Smith when she was with us, those are pretty common body shapes. I can sell them a 3X men's shirt, but the neck is too tight and the arms are too long. They want a generous fitting shirt, scoop neck or v-neck, that looks at least a little feminine. It really shouldn't be IMPOSSIBLE to find this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree! I've spent DAYS searching for Ladie's 4x/5x sizes. I mistakenly ordered men's shirts the first time around, and the 5x was more like a 3x. So far, I've found places that will make them (or get them) but they are way out of my price range ($8-10 ea). It irks me that companies like Gildan, Hanes, or Anvil can't make a woman's shirt in 4x/5x.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes, but you make them special to order and you have a 100 piece minimum order. I don't need $700 worth of shirts, I just want a couple of shirts to fulfill my customer's orders. It's still ridiculous that Anvil, Gildan and the other manufacturers are ignoring a huge part of our market.

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
I'm sure I can help you if you all join together and place an order.

Maybe you can order once a week or month which would justify making the t-shirts to the size you prefer and small orders.

I'm working with a manufacture here in the US (North Carolina). He makes Uniforms and 100% Polyester, but can use any type of material. He has people who sew at his shop, and well as screen print, and embroider.

After I post this I'll email him to see what his minimums are. Sometimes if we want things others don't have we have to push to get additional orders to get people to work with us.

You can PM me if you're interested so I get a good idea of how many to have him make, colors, design, price, and sizes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.