T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello
i have a heat press that is not working, ukpress blue wave, model hp380
i took it apart and found a three phase contactor inside that is burnt. it had been glued and screwed using wood screws. very dodgy. what sort of contactor or relay do these things usually use? it is 2000watts
does anyone know if there is a wiring diagram for these things?
thanks
simon

EDIT i think that my machine has been modified it looks like it has had a larger press attached to it, it says 15 amps on the back where it says 2000 watts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Try the seller.

Did you buy it used or direct from UK Press?

If you bought it from UK press, was it a 'graded' return? That usually means it is a customer return that has been bodged to make it work. Grade 'A' should mean it is an unused return in perfect condition. Grades 'B' and 'C' imply varying degrees of repair work has taken place.
If it came from UK press in that condition then I would take it to your local Trading Standards Department.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello
i bought it off marketplace second hand, though i think that someone else has had a go at it from the looks of things. i am not sure about the model as it says hp380, 2000 watts, 15 amps? at 220v.
i have bought a replacement contactor off ebay as this one exploded, before i got it. however, the press has a larger surface area at 62cm x 42.5cm. this is the top bit not the actual surface area so i imagine the press bit is 60 x 40 cm. so i am thinking that maybe this was added later, the current required for this extra area was too much for the contactor and that blew???

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
https://signzworld.co.uk/shop/40-x-60cm-high-pressure-heat-press-machine-hpc380/

Is that the model? They may have a manual on PDF they will let you have.

Might be theirs or one of the direct from China models they are complaining about in the description. ( I remember seeing those on ebay a few years ago). The direct from china model may be totally different. Most chinese makers buy in all the components and finish them to their own spec. Just because two machines look similar on the outside doesn't mean the internals are the same, or even safe.

Unless you know what you are doing be very careful when messing with the electrics.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
https://signzworld.co.uk/shop/40-x-60cm-high-pressure-heat-press-machine-hpc380/

Is that the model? They may have a manual on PDF they will let you have.

Might be theirs or one of the direct from China models they are complaining about in the description. ( I remember seeing those on ebay a few years ago). The direct from china model may be totally different. Most chinese makers buy in all the components and finish them to their own spec. Just because two machines look similar on the outside doesn't mean the internals are the same, or even safe.

Unless you know what you are doing be very careful when messing with the electrics.
thats the model, i am not sure if it is made in china and shipped from there. looking at some of the videos the contactor looks the same, even with the same chinese labels on the contactor. i will contact them on monday, thanks for the help.
simon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts