T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi good morning to all!

I'm new here I just have this quick little question (I swear I searched all 'round the site I found the answer not):

How do you get the Quick Trace function of WinPCsign to trace fine detail in your design?

I know it's possible because I've seen it done by an employee, I just don't know how! The problem is, when I attempt to trace small figures.

I have this 3x3" design with some star-shaped figures which aren't really small, but maybe about a 1x1cm; the problem is, when I press "Quick Trace," it 'traces' the star figures BUT in very poor detail.

I'm thinking there's a way to adjust its detail level? Like in photoshop magic wand? Please help!

Thank you!

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: CorelDraw help! (Quick Trace POOR detail)

If they are simple stars you can recreate them. Can you post up the image?
Oh, silly me. I meant, "CorelDraw" and not WinPCsign.

I settled with the poorly-detailed figures (not just stars, but the whole image itself), but they weren't as noticeable anyway in a 3x3" print.

I figured how to trace the vector using "Outline Trace," but I remember seeing a quicker way to trace vector without sacrificing print quality. Anybody?

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I posted earlier! Not sure what happened but I don't see it anymore. >.<

Anyway I was saying, my method of getting designs into the plotter machine is:
Photoshop > CorelDraw > WinPCsign

I'm almost sure I'm doing it longer than necessary, but I've no clue how to do it easier (pffft). Photoshop for creation/editing of design, CorelDraw for tracing vector, WinPCsign for nothing more than cutting the design into the material.

Suggestions? They are very much appreciated.

· Registered
2,285 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.