T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i just registered to ask this question - and hopefully i will come back to ask more. (Yes, i did search the forum)

If anyone has a spreadshirt shop, does anyone know how to make a digital print's background transparent? When i use the shirt designer, the image comes up with a white background - and i am 100% sure that it has a transparent background in photoshop. I see that spreadshirt does have something like this in the FAQ, but i don't quite understand it's R(color) thing well. If anyone could explain, it would be a great help.

Will my digital image print with a white background?

If you select white apparel, the digital image will have a transparent background. If you select apparel that is not white, there are 2 possible ways we can produce your design, with or without the background. If the background is white or if you put "R(color)" in the bottom right of your image file, we will trim this color away. The R stands for Remove and you put the color that you want removed in the parenthesis. Make sure that the design you wish to have cut out has a distinguished contour and that the smallest parts are at least .06 inches in size. Otherwise, the image will not be cut out and the background will be printed.
http://www.spreadshirt.com/index.php?id=67&backPID=66&faq_i18n_cat=11

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Sounds pretty straight forward... if you put, for example, R(black) on the bottom right of your image, spreadshirt will remove the black from the image.

In regard to the transparent background... having a transparent background in photoshop is the first step, but it's not going to help you if you then save the image as a jpeg for example.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Solmu said:
Sounds pretty straight forward... if you put, for example, R(black) on the bottom right of your image, spreadshirt will remove the black from the image.

In regard to the transparent background... having a transparent background in photoshop is the first step, but it's not going to help you if you then save the image as a jpeg for example.
i have them saved as png. and thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
drpolish said:
i have them saved as png
Should be fine then - you could try loading them into a webpage (just a plain page on your harddrive) with a black background and seeing if they show up as transparent. That way you know for sure if the problem is your end (Photoshop not saving them properly) or Spreadshirt's end (Spreadshirt not displaying them properly).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts