T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: where to have heat transfers made

How can I find out if my epson will use pigmented ink?

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
You could try doing a search for your printer model here at the forums or you could search for pigmented.

You might also check at personalizedsupplies.com to see if they have a breakdown.

What brand of epson are you using?

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
what printer do you have? Some newer printers use durabrite ot or durabrite Ultra. there is a symble on your printer. If it does not have that then it is dye ink printer. Lou (ex Epson demo rep)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rodney said:
Looks like from another thread, Marc is using an epson c60
Sorry. That would be me. I don't remember what thread, but thanks for starting this one for me. I checked on pricing when I checked for screen printing and they told me $3 a transfer. I figure it has to be cheaper if my printer will take the ink.

Like I said I have an epson C60. Please help me :)

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Like I said did you look on the front of your computer for the durabrite syble. Then you have pigment ink. I don't think yours does. So for 80 bucks go buy a new C88 that does have pigment ink. Your average cost per transfer printing will be about 1.50 ink and paper..

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
badalou said:
Like I said did you look on the front of your computer for the durabrite syble. Then you have pigment ink. I don't think yours does. So for 80 bucks go buy a new C88 that does have pigment ink. Your average cost per transfer printing will be about 1.50 ink and paper..
I don't see any symbol. I might just go and get a C88. For that kind of money can't go wrong. It's about time to up grade anyway. I have had this printer for a while and I like epson, never had any problems with mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts