T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm wondering if JPSS will stick to plastisol that has already been applied to a shirt.

I have a design that I want get screen printed which includes a blank area that I can customise later by applying a heat applied transfer, I don't want to be limited to light shirts. I could use a dark transfer paper for the customisation but don't like the look/feel... So I am thinking of filling in the customisable area of the screen printed design white and using JPSS over the top.

Has anybody applied a transfer on top of plastisol before?
What is the likely outcome?

I'm thinking the plastisol might melt a bit and distort the design applied on top of it... That is if it sticks to it at all.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've been contemplating similar idea. I wonder, will it really work? I hope somebody has already tried and kind to share his observations. By the way, where did u buy JPSS?
Thnx, bro.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought the inkjet sample pack from Yolö - Quality Heat Transfer Paper, TShirt Transfers and more! - www.yolo.co.uk it includes a couple of JPSS sheets. I'll probably get around to trying it tomorrow and see what happens if nobody with experience of it replies by then. I'm thinking if it does adhere properly it might stand up quite well in the wash (possibly better than JPSS alone) as the ink would be sandwiched between the polymer and plastisol layers...

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
I bought the inkjet sample pack from Yolö - Quality Heat Transfer Paper, TShirt Transfers and more! - www.yolo.co.uk it includes a couple of JPSS sheets. I'll probably get around to trying it tomorrow and see what happens if nobody with experience of it replies by then. I'm thinking if it does adhere properly it might stand up quite well in the wash (possibly better than JPSS alone) as the ink would be sandwiched between the polymer and plastisol layers...
It will stick but washes right out the first time the shirt is washed. I even used JetPro activewear which is meant for polyester fabric.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for sharing your experience Luis.

Did you try any paper other than the Jet Pro Activewear?

It's a shame this doesn't work, there doesn't seem to be any good way to get a decent inkjet print onto darks (except maybe DTG).

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Thanks for sharing your experience Luis.

Did you try any paper other than the Jet Pro Activewear?

It's a shame this doesn't work, there doesn't seem to be any good way to get a decent inkjet print onto darks (except maybe DTG).
I stopped when Activewear failed. I am happy with Blue Grid and Roland opaque. Roland opaque that works with dye and pigment ink. It has been discontinued and replaced with solvent compatible ink. That is a shame. I really liked the feel and wash fastness.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts