T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will I need an under base of white to print pink & floresent green on 50/50 black sweatshirts? If so will any white work or can I just print flash print with the colors that I'm using?

· Registered
8,374 Posts
Good advice from screenfoo but I will add that I have done several test and the opaque ink looks good but with an underbase white it's even better but I know how some customers want to be cheap and not pay for that hidden 3rd color. That's why I have examples hanging on wall. It usally sells with visual reference.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will any plastisol white ink work or do I need something specific for the following ink 9021 super fluo green and 9041 super fluo pink from atlas screenprinting supply. What do they mean by wet on wet printing?

· Registered
8,374 Posts
I personally don't mix brands when printing but I know that some do. Any white that cures at the same temp as yours should work. I made a quick look and the ink# s I seen where 9020 and 9040 that cure at 320F. yours are 9021 and 9041 so make sure they aren't low bleed which usally cure at a lower temp. If they cure at 320 and are plastisol you should be good.

Wet on wet. After your underbase and a flash you can print your 2 other colors without flashing between colors this is wet on wet printing.

Reactions: enos4
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.