T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I want to start doing multiple color design with Speedball water ink. I am worried of smearing the colors and wanted to know if a heat gun would be ideal to dry each color before applying a new color. If yes, how long would I need to use heat gun before I can apply a new color?

Thanks!

· Registered
61 Posts
yes you can do it, i used it to try diferent printing methods. i already try heat gun on screenprint and also on dtg when i print just 1 t shirt and dont have enough timefor white base to be cured for second print, so i acelerate a little bit the process byt using heat gun, just make sure not to close, i normally use it around 40cm from surface, and do not stay with out moving, keep moving from side to side, slowly, and very important if using it ona dtg, must stay completly away from printhead, just direct to the platen, and just count around 10 seconds 40cm away from surface . always take care of your most important machines and tools. and dont use hig power on the heat gun, just the lower u can.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.