T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the buckets of Wilflex Ink (not sure about all of them but is says it on the one bucket of wilflex ink that I have) they say "use within one year of receipt". I was under the impression that plastisol ink had a very long shelf life. That makes me confused as to why they're saying to use it within one year. A quick google search will say that plastisol has a shelf life of 15 years at LEAST. Will ink that is older than 1 year not be able to replicate the pantone colors accurately? Or perhaps is this just a marketing thing to scam people into throwing away good ink so that they buy more? I want to know this because if the ink goes bad, I'm only going to buy the quart even though it is proportionally more expensive than buying the gallons.

Would love to hear from people who have experience with this specific ink, or a rep from Avient that can answer my question.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
On the buckets of Wilflex Ink (not sure about all of them but is says it on the one bucket of wilflex ink that I have) they say "use within one year of receipt". I was under the impression that plastisol ink had a very long shelf life. That makes me confused as to why they're saying to use it within one year. A quick google search will say that plastisol has a shelf life of 15 years at LEAST. Will ink that is older than 1 year not be able to replicate the pantone colors accurately? Or perhaps is this just a marketing thing to scam people into throwing away good ink so that they buy more?
The expiry date is for limiting warranty claims.
When stored under ideal conditions, plastisol will remain usable for many years.
It will separate however, and you will have to use a mixer reconstitute it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts