T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the wilflex adhesive spray the same as prospray? I'm trying mugs for the first time and I was wondering if I could use Wilflex which I already have. Any tips on using mug wraps? I'm getting some smearing of the design but I wasn't using tak spray or tape.

Thanks for the help. :)

· Registered
132 Posts
The Wilflex adhesive is excellent for shirts, but completely useless for mugs (particularly if you are going to do them in an oven as opposed to a mug press). The adhesive burns off quickly and the paper starts falling off the mug.

You must use a good quality heat tape (we buy ours from Cactus in the US) and put the paper on tightly.
If you're using mug wraps, set the oven to 200C / 400F. Make sure both the top and bottom elements are on, and put the mug in the middle of the oven on a baking tray, UPSIDE DOWN.
An oven with a thermofan is highly recommended. If you use enough heat tape, and the picture is tight enough, you can even dispense with the mug wraps, and make the mug without a wrap (this is what we use for metal wine bottle holders, vases and other items for which there are no wraps).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.