T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Talked with Wilcom and they said newer version of Tajima machines have locked out but only to allow Pulse.

Although I understand they want to force people to buy Pulse, I feel like this is not a good practice to push out the other competitors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Digidana,

I guess, it will be just transferred directly through the flash drive every time.

Yes, I'm quite serious about learning digitizing. With the right tool and desire to get quality item from my designs, I think I can do it. :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yes, I'm quite serious about learning digitizing. With the right tool and desire to get quality item from my designs, I think I can do it. :)
anybody can learn, just know that there is more to it than most people think and it takes a lot of trial and error and error and error. :D
i'd recommend taking the class in atlanta. its a good way to get started. it doesn't really teach digitizing technique, but it does give you a jump start on the software tools.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Wilcom is the way to go. Its 100x more user friendly. That said if you were to compare all the add on elements for wilcom and the highest tier of pulse... They each have some things the other brand doesn't and cannot replicate easily.

You would have to call hirsch and if you ask the right way... IE ("I am already fully invested into wilcom") What do i need to connect my machine i have heard they have an add on control box thing... ive been told... That said Tajima wants you to pay $1000 per machine to network liscense them... Last time I looked into it.

and backing up what digiana said... It is not easy... one of the best and most hillariously snarky "gems" i have ever found when doing reading/research etc. Comes from wikipedia of all places.

"Machine Embroidery is not as 'push button' as many people tend to believe. It can be a very tedious process depending on numerous variables. The basic steps for creating embroidery with a computerized embroidery machine are as follows:

-purchase or create a digitized embroidery design file that works with the brand of machine. Creation can take hours for the smallest/simplest of designs, and the software is costly.
-edit the design and/or combine with other designs.
-load the final design file into the embroidery machine after making sure it is the right format and it will -fit in the appropriate hoop.
-stabilize the fabric and place it in the machine.
-start and monitor the embroidery machine, to change thread colors, rethread machine, and troubleshoot problems. The operator should have plenty of needles, bobbins, a can of air (or small air compressor), a small brush, and scissors..
-toss out any botched projects due to wrong stabilizer for item, machine malfunction, wrong thread, badly digitized design, etc.
-repeat the process until success is achieved."

·
Registered
326 Posts
If you cannot connect your Tajima to your computer with a LAN (network) connection, use a flash drive.

Option 1, Sneakernet: Save the .dst file on the flash drive, pull it out from the computer, pull it in to the Tajima.

Option 2, USB Device Sharing: If you prefer simply pushing a button instead of walking, use a USB sharing box. (e.g.: Kensington ShareCentral 1) This is a small box with a push button on the top. You can plug in the flash drive, your computer and your Tajima at the same time. You can switch the flash drive from the computer to the Tajima with a single push of the button. Easy solution, costs $20, no need for LAN license, and your USB connectors on the Tajima and on the computer will be used one time only, at setup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.