T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had someone give me 3 gallons of puff ink made by wiflex. i used the mci green for the first time last night on a six panel cap. For some reason the top portion of the ink looked as if it burned and didnt puff but rather got crispy to where the bottom portion of the image changed into a light green and puffed up a tiny bit. I have never worked with puff ink and the brand wiflex i normally print with union plasitol and it was also my first time printing on a cap. Can anyone tell me why this might of happend or give good tips. Thanks team.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi Williekid!

Can you tell me the part number of the product that you are using? That can help us help you! Also, please advise the print parameters such as what mesh, curing parameters, what the cap is made out of, and if you printed an under base.

If possible a picture would be great too!!

I have also attached a PDF of the tech sheet for the NuPuff Base.

Thanks,

Erin

Attachments

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not sure exactly the type because all the ink gallons were sloppy with ink all over them and i put the ink into big tupperwear containers for easy clean up i just wrote down the color of ink as that was all that was visible. i used a 195 mesh on a six panel cap i guess the regular ones like cotton no foam or nothing like that. i used a heat gun to cure it because it was just one hat and i was experimenting. i will take a pic shortly and post. No underbase.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Here are a couple suggestions:

- Review the PIB. You will see that it recommends a higher mesh count. So use an 86 or 110. You want to put more ink down.

- Test print the ink on a flat shirt and cure it. You will see it puff and shift to a lighter color.

- Try to achieve more even heat. Uneven heat will give an uneven cure and will make you have an uneven puff.

Thanks,

Erin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts