T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,
Geesh everytime I think I am getting a little handle on this stuff I go and end up feel like I am getting stupidier.

Anyways I have a graphic that is a dragon with a circle around it.
I traced it in CorelX3
When it was put back into corel the circle wasn't smooth so I broke the group apart and deleted the circle. I used the circle tool and made a new circle.
I gave it a thick line with the outline tool.
When I go to wireframe it shows a thin line for the circle. Before I deleted the original circle it was two circles lines (I hope that makes sense).
When I cut the graphic I want the circle to be somewhat thick.
How do I make it so that the circle will be thick.(I made it .222 when I made it) when I cut it.

couple of info questions also.
Why when I broke it apart to delete the circle why two lines and how was it that they moved together and deleted together ?

When in wireframe mode how can I tell how thick the lines will cut ?

If my post is confusing I can post pics of what I am talking about. Hopefully but doubtful that it makes sense.

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mark,

What you want to do is once you draw your circle go and set the width of the line. Once you have the width you want goto Arrange then something like set outside curve to object. It is near the bottom of arrange. After you set this you will not see 3 lines. 2 are the new thick circle and one for the oringinal line. Just delete the original line and you are done. When you look at it wireframe you will see the new wider circle. I hope thuis makes sense. I am not at home looking at Corel so I'm going off memory.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
James
Thanks. That was it. I forget to do that all the time,
the convert outline thing.

THanks
Mark

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you don't mind. What does CONVERT OUTLINE TO OBJECT do ? or what is it suppose to be doing when you select it ?
And when do you or should you be doing it. ?
Google brought up some info but nothing really helpful

Thanks for the help
Mark

·
Registered
6 Posts
convert outline to object will make the "stroke" an actual object, so you can get rid of the circle you drew, and what was once a stroke, will now just be an object with a fill color.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well put Bret. As for when to use it I use it anytime I want a wider line for cutting. I usually use it when tracking a picture that will not trace cleanly in Corel.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Mark,

What you want to do is once you draw your circle go and set the width of the line. Once you have the width you want goto Arrange then something like set outside curve to object. It is near the bottom of arrange. After you set this you will not see 3 lines. 2 are the new thick circle and one for the oringinal line. Just delete the original line and you are done. When you look at it wireframe you will see the new wider circle. I hope thuis makes sense. I am not at home looking at Corel so I'm going off memory.
Also note that if your objects are open and/or combined the Stroke applied becomes welded. X3 and lower still need to get rid of the original line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts