T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 15x15 pro world heat press and when I set the temperature to 320 it just continues to get higher and higher. Am I possibly doing something wrong when trying to set it to stop on 320? Thanks in advance for any advise on what to do

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have sent them an email and plan to call them Monday. I was just excited to get it in and practice with it and they are closed until Monday so I thought I'd see if anyone had any advice that might help until they opened. Thanks

· Registered
8,374 Posts
How much higher does it go. It is very common for any of my press to go higher then the set temp. Whether it be my cheap Chinese press or my Hottronix after it heats up I will press to heat up the lower platen. Each will go over by 10-20 degrees but will stabilize and be 5-10 degrees above set temp. This prevents it from dipping below the set temp when using.

· Registered
416 Posts
It goes all the way up to 500 degrees when set on 320 degrees
Wow that's really not supposed to happen. I could see a variable of 10 degrees +/- but not 180 degrees. That's definitely faulty.

How are you checking the temp? Sometimes the laser guns will give out incorrect readings. You may want to get a probe pyrometer/temp sensor, those are the best ones.

Sent from my HTC One X using T-Shirt Forums

· Registered
1,435 Posts
If your display is saying it's supposed to stop at 320, but the press is reading out that it's going up to 500, that sounds like the temperature shutoff relay is either not wired in correctly, or is broken.

If you have it set to 320 and you're using an IR temp gun and reading 500, you might want to ensure your press isn't operating on Celsius (which would be about 600 fahrenheit).

Most likely want to call Proworld if the former is true to have them resolve it, especially if it's a new press.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.