T-Shirt Forums banner

why use cafepress? Aren't they the only ones that make money?

31K views 62 replies 45 participants last post by  SoRandomThoughts 
Re: Cafepress sellers... Your best month???

It's an honest opinion that I have and I know a lot of other people share.

You and many others don't want to spend the money and get your shirts professionally printed and I understand not wanting to spend your own money and something you don't know will be successful. Without risk there is no reward and starting a CP store you are very limited in how far you can take your clothing company.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. There are quite a few CP tshirt designers running "real" businesses and making considerable cash. See oneshorseshy.com or obeythepurebreed.com as examples. CP makes a lot of sense for illustrators whose talents lie more in design than production, and a lot of them are quite successful with this model.

I have seen a few CP based t-shirt companies that I know consistently spend well over 10k/month in marketing (just based on where I see them advertise). If they weren't doing well they probably wouldn't be able to continue to do this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.