T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So to reencourage everyone and show the newbies (like myself) why it's better to run your own business, let's have a list of all the things that PYO about working a 9-5er that isn't your own company. Here's my top ten, please add more!

1. Getting up at 6:30 a.m. to drive across town.
  2. Only "acruing" Paid-Time Off, so that you can't take off if you don't have it!
  3. Having to make awkward conversation in the lobby elevator.
  4. Gross Gross Gross. . .and smelly bathrooms. yuck!
  5. Having a "talking" with your supervisor because you came back from lunch 10 minutes late.
  6. Getting paid for your time, not your worth.
  7. People constantly coughing and sniffling in the cubicle next to you.
  8. Reviews.
  9. Not being able to HAVE A DRINK AND SNACK AT YOUR DESK! I'm A GROWN *** ADULT! sorry, had to vent that one. . .
  10. Making money for someone else, when you could be reaping in your own profits!

·
Registered
414 Posts
I don't know that having your own business is any better.
There are a lot of complaints I have about my 9-5 but they don't outweigh the good.
On the other hand, owning my own business is very hard work in comparison.
Oh wait, you wanted reassurance. If it wasnt worth it I wouldn't be doing it. :)

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha, I guess my whole thing is if I'm going to put up with the hard work, labor, and politics, they might as well be my own hard work, labor, and politics, and not for someone else!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Haha, I guess my whole thing is if I'm going to put up with the hard work, labor, and politics, they might as well be my own hard work, labor, and politics, and not for someone else!
Yeah i guess you can look at it that way too:D
I think I'm a lot harder on myself when it comes to my own business than my boss is on me for the 9-5 work. I think what is hardest for me is the time frames I have to work with.
The average day for me is 6:00am (wake up) to 4:30pm I get home
spend tiem with the family thern around 8:30 start working on my business things. I stay up till 1am or so then repeat the process:eek:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
All the above and watching one boss drive away in his new Bentley and the other in his new Merc

You will never get rich working for someone else!!!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I'm a lot harder on myself when it comes to my own business than my boss is on me for the 9-5 work. I think what is hardest for me is the time frames I have to work with.
spend tiem with the family thern around 8:30 start working on my business things. I stay up till 1am or so then repeat the process:eek:
I am Right there with you! The problem is that all you end up doing is cutting yourself short everywhere, with your job, with your business, and with your family. I long for the day where I work on my business from 9-5, and then spend the rest of the time (if not more) with my family and on the weekends. . . :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
but you are doing it for "you" not the boss. I worked like that for someone else, on salary. I swore I would never work that hard or that long for anyone else ever again. If Im working that hard, Im doing it for my own business.........and Im lovin' it :D

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Today was the best day for describing what I can do working for myself and not someone else :) I had grand baby Ava all day today helping me (getting into my stuff haha). She is 2 and a blast to have around, she even helped me make vinyl sticker kitties and then stuck them all over my DTG machine cabinet while I was making some other stuff :) Cant do that with a boss around, well shes the boss but that's ok hehe, and its true I work for her. Seriously though that was one of the things I took into account when I started my own business, was that I wanted to be in a position to spend time with my family when I wanted to, and not waste is, its too precious :) This gives me that opportunity.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts