So to reencourage everyone and show the newbies (like myself) why it's better to run your own business, let's have a list of all the things that PYO about working a 9-5er that isn't your own company. Here's my top ten, please add more!
- Getting up at 6:30 a.m. to drive across town.
- Only "acruing" Paid-Time Off, so that you can't take off if you don't have it!
- Having to make awkward conversation in the lobby elevator.
- Gross Gross Gross. . .and smelly bathrooms. yuck!
- Having a "talking" with your supervisor because you came back from lunch 10 minutes late.
- Getting paid for your time, not your worth.
- People constantly coughing and sniffling in the cubicle next to you.
- Not being able to HAVE A DRINK AND SNACK AT YOUR DESK! I'm A GROWN *** ADULT! sorry, had to vent that one. . .
- Making money for someone else, when you could be reaping in your own profits!