T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stood in my shower for 10 minutes washing out my screen and it just wouldn't come out- in the letters.

156 screen, ProChem pink DXP emulsion, exposed with 1000 watts for 12.5 minutes. I just don't get it. I have to scrape the emulsion for it to come off. I just don't get it.

ARGH!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TShirtForums

·
Registered
1,810 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking it was maybe the pressure of the water. I'll use the hose outside next time I guess!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Developing outside

I'm thinking it was maybe the pressure of the water. I'll use the hose outside next time I guess!
Outside, you are bombarded throughout the day by a huge golden source of UV energy, even on cloudy days.

Outside is not UV light safe.

Unexposed stencil dissolves with any gentle source of water. Many shops use a dip tank instead of standing with a spray nozzle like a common lawn sprinkler until the image dissolves.

Will sugar dissolve faster if you spray it with a pressure washer? Even if you say yes, I want your image edges to be smooth and crisp - Sharp, rather than torn from the mesh.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Richard is right, if it is exposed well with fresh emulsion for the proper time with good films you dont need any pressure to wash out an image. I can run mine under the kitchen sink and wash out an image. Hold up your film to the light. Can you see throught the black image at all? If you can , you need a to print it with a darker setting.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The thing is, in one part of the image, it washed out perfectly, just not the edges. In the pic (for an example), the bomb washed out great, except the edges. And the letters didn't wash out. I'll do a test tomorrow for 7 thru 13 minutes, covering each part of the screen as each minute passes. I'll make a transparency of a long thick line to check the emulsion. I'll let ya know afterward! Thanks guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Re: Developing outside

Unexposed stencil dissolves with any gentle source of water. Many shops use a dip tank instead of standing with a spray nozzle like a common lawn sprinkler until the image dissolves.
Would using a dip tank for high detail on high mesh counts be a better idea then a spray nozzle?

With my old print company we had a wash booth that had a system setup to shower the screens lightly, this worked really well. We would shower the screens for about 5 minutes then quickly blast off the residue. The shop i'm working closely with now is just wetting the screens and letting them sit for a few minutes then pressure washing them. I've been suggesting that they setup this shower system to wet the screens but this dip tank sounds like a good idea (we use one for reclaiming)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I feel so dumb lol. There's a sign taped on my wall in front of my emulsion station: USE THE SKINNY/SHARP SIDE OF THE SCOOP COATER.

Which side do u think I was using? haha.

My brain didn't process that lol *slaps forehead*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts