T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

· Registered
2,763 Posts
On Brother machines, cure time is 35 sec.. : )

If I did 1 off, I charge $12 or 14 just to print ... says it on site as well in pricing area, also state art neds to be print ready and if not there is additional charges

I not saying people are worth less than what they are for regular clients, I saying on strictly contract jobs that have art ready and so on that prices can;t be same as regular client

· Registered
8 Posts
I pay very little interest because I go direct with main company who gives out loans
Like I said, even with ZERO interest the monthly payment on 20K is $555.00 for 36 months. So the earlier monthly payment quote of 600ish is not far off at all.

Yes I make money, if you think my prices are low, well there are plenty of people on here who charge same and hmm they aren't from Maine... darn
This has nothing to do with Maine, I just asked in your particular case. I'm asking YOU, thus why I specified Maine.

So how much do you make? Seems like it's so little, how is it even worth your time? Why not apply to be a park ranger and work outside in the wonderful world of ours?

I just don't see why people go into business and deal with all the DTG hassles just to make a couple of dollars per shirt. It would be fun for you to figure out what your actual hourly wage is after all expenses are paid. You might surprise yourself.

I was not only one who said 25 is outrageous for a contract print cost
I've been in business for 8 years, have wet my foot in many markets and I base My pricing on a wholesale bases and I do volume work, not some BS jobs
DTG printing is most profitable in the short run price range, not huge qty wholesale/contract printing. You should adapt your business model to capture as much of the more profitable short run market as possible but after 8 years of trying every type of business and having to close your shop I'm sure you know what you're doing.

· Registered
2,763 Posts
Oh man your a funny guy huh

I know zero people who pay on a 3 year base on lease, and they are very successful people, called common sense

Seemed to m that you think I am some kinda hill billy from Maine and you are soo dead wrong tisk tisk
I can make 200 an hour profit easily because I can print 30 shirts in hour with 4 dollar profit on each and print a banner, print fine art and more, oh wait my math is off because I make more than 200 an hour
shucks

Yea I can spend 25 min on one shirt to make art for client and charge 25 dollar or print 12 shirts at $6 and make $48 profit easily
Let me thing $22 or $48

Excuse me but I sold my old shop/property because was to far from new home and was very large and hard to maintain, I wanted to be closer to home and smaller place which was strictly a work shop and not show room : )

I am successful in Biz sorry if your not

· Registered
2,763 Posts
Lmfao.... I am still growing my businesses : )
I got 2 shops and might have third location, so nah I ain't Bob, but I got a best friend named Bob who lives in Upstate NY...
I do 75 percent of biz online, I run 2 shop locations, I see clients in 4 state radius and did I mention I do all this alone? Plus run 20 different machines that I maintain ....
Ya and how do i do it? 8 years in businesses and I got a few tricks up my sleeve

· Registered
351 Posts
Just a quick question what are the ink prices over there?? I know we do pay alot more our inks over here and The Shirts aswell. We can pay up to $5.50 for a Gildan T Ultra cotton. and our ink is around $440 per 1 litre including tax and frieght. So just so other undersatnd we do have to charge more. How ever some of our parts are cheaper ie a capping station is $3.08 and a pump assembly is $9 and encoder srip $1 and so on. We would pay more for other running costs or Overheads. We have to reflect this on our prices.
If we do white shirts we would charge for say 20 $10 per print and for 100 $7 excluding the T shirt. We must remember we do pay more for ink etc. We also have to add on another 50c per shirt for packing etc as we do invidually bag and fold our shirts. I am ver fussy and like things perfect as alot of us are and tke great pride in waht we do. At the end of the day if yuo have a good client base and are making money who really cares what you charge within reason. If yuo go out of business you can balm only your self for bieng either too cheap or too expensive.

· Registered
2,763 Posts
I not allowed to enclose exact amount but for Gildan 2000 6.1 oz it is under $1.50ish Lol
My system ain't bulk base so I not sure how much it is per liter but I think it is under $300
Man you guys got it tough there, come here and enjoy our falling market Lol

· Banned
501 Posts
Oh I also work alone because i paid top dollar for my machines to do work of employees who I don;t payI loose plenty of jobs with prices I have, so i wouldn't point fingers that i am a low baller of any kind, I do more contract work!

I got 2 shops and might have third location

Dude (mrbigjacj50) if you work alone how do you have two locations and might be getting a third? This sounds like BS if I ever heard of it!

· Registered
2,763 Posts
It ain't and here is how it works...
My main shop with all machines is workshop with small area that clients drop off stuff but i do stuff by appointment at both places....
My other place is at old location and I got a hub there where people drop off stuff or they call and make appointment to meet me there...
All I need is my Cell, Wireless internet to check emails for all outta state work and it can be done

· Registered
2,763 Posts
Thank you Dave : )

I just wanna state that I only trying to open peoples eyes and not cause mayhem
Problem is that people gotta think outside of box because 1 off won't help a businesses grow, you gotta go after big clients and I swear to my cat grave bless her heart, I never ever gotten shirt order less than 20 from anyone once 12 but was for a church : )

· Registered
351 Posts
We get around 6 orders per month for 1-2's around 20-30 for 5-12 and around 50 for 20- 50 and as we do some large places and business induding the defence force we get alot of large orders. I always look after the small client as well. Along with around 2000 stubby holders per week and around 1000 T shirts we keep busy infact very busy hence why im am working to Sunday, I might have to get soem T's in form the States to save some $$$$$$. Just a quick one for you all, we had a lady wanting 1 T about 2 months ago and she was a B**ch to go with it. I did the job for her and she sent a email a week later very happy and odered over 500 shirts, 200 Stubby Holders and 200 Coffee Mugs all printed, This is why it makes sense to look after small orders as well even though they are a time consuming thing to process, print, invoice , post etc. We have had 2-3 of these in the past.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.