T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using Corel Draw and designed this logo. When I zoom in it is very grainy. I tried trace and it was very faded.

I use Corel a lot for web graphics but this is all new to me. Is it the font, I tried convert to curves and it made no difference.

Attachments

· Registered
8,278 Posts
If you saved this as a Jpeg it will become grainy when zoomed. You need to keep it as a vector to resize.

Reactions: cheryl6377

· Registered
8,278 Posts
The only way I could tell you why then is if I had the file open in front of me.

· Registered
97 Posts
If you designed this in Corel meaning you built it from scratch then it should be in vector. Maybe your view setting is set to pixels? Go up to View then select Enhanced. Now it shouldn't be pixelated. If it's still pixelated then maybe your using Corel Photo Paint?

· Registered
215 Posts
I know Illustrator has a preview setting to see what your vector graphics will look like on the web. You can jump back and forth when you're designing for a web page so you can get a visual. Perhaps Corel has this option and you accidentally hit that key.

Open another file and see if you get the same result. If not, go back to the image in question, copy and paste in the other document to see if it the image is the same.

Also, can you look at the image in key line mode? If so, the image will show the vector architecture. If you see a square, then it is possible that you may have rasterized the image.

Just a few ideas from a non-Corel artist.

· Registered
59 Posts
If you designed this in Corel meaning you built it from scratch then it should be in vector. Maybe your view setting is set to pixels? Go up to View then select Enhanced. Now it shouldn't be pixelated. If it's still pixelated then maybe your using Corel Photo Paint?
This was my first thought. There have been many times where I accidentally forgot to change the view back to enhanced after setting it to normal...Sometimes I don't even remember that I set it to normal.

After reading the post, though, it's mentioned that tracing was tried...if the design is already vector it shouldn't even give you the option to trace it (as far as I know.) If you imported a bitmap into your image sometime while you were designing, that could be the root of your problem.

· Registered
782 Posts
This was my first thought. There have been many times where I accidentally forgot to change the view back to enhanced after setting it to normal...Sometimes I don't even remember that I set it to normal.

After reading the post, though, it's mentioned that tracing was tried...if the design is already vector it shouldn't even give you the option to trace it (as far as I know.) If you imported a bitmap into your image sometime while you were designing, that could be the root of your problem.
Yea, I'd second that the view is set to NORMAL or PIXELS instead of ENHANCED. Especially of it's been converted to vector. Those views will mess with the VIEW of the image quality in a hurry.

CalhTech>

· Registered
3,095 Posts
You mentioned that you traced it, which indicates that it was originally a bitmap. When a graphic looks "fuzzy" it's usually a low resolution bitmap. You can easily tell whether it's bitmap or vector by selecting it and it will appear as "object" "group of objects," or "bitmap."

This should all be created in vector using the standard Cooper font.

Attachments

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The only way I could tell you why then is if I had the file open in front of me.
It shows nothing. I am not sure which toolbar or docker shows that info. I clicked on lots of them and got nothing.

I found out it was simply my view. I went to enhanced and it looks perfect. I guess I have a lot to learn and I am thankful to all of you on this forum for the help you offer to us newbies. If not for this board I would have given up after the first week!

thank you

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.