T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i start my t shirt company 3 months ago, we have great traffic over 2000 a month, we received great reviews from the blogs, but the sales are no going the way i think should be.

What i am doing wrong? or please let me know if this is normal. thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
It may be your website, although I havn't seen it. I had the same problem, good feedback but no sales. I spoke with a few branding companies and the all stated that my website didn't look trustworthy or professional. The cost of a nice website could be very expensive and the advise I received more products to go with the better site. I sell more on the streets then I do on the website which is a storefront site. Try lowering your price points giving out business cards to everyone and anyone. Offer discounts buy one get another half price etc. With all the malls and stores offering 60% to 70% established brands and of course the ecomomy its a up hill battle. By the way I was also told my sales would go up if I can get someone famous to where my tees. That's not going to happen anytime soon for me, I don't know anyone famous personally. Anyway just keep trying don't give up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just remaking a "site" may not do anything. There are so many T-shirt companies out there, the lions share of them doing the same thing, you would do better finding your niche. I am personally working on gaming tee's via original designs. Just a thought.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Nicely designed site. Maybe you can showcase some of your t-shirts on the landing page? Where this image currently is. So that people can see your shirts as soon as they come to your website. You need to grab people's attention as soon as they visit you. At the moment it's a bit unclear what the website is. It feels like it's your personal website with a shop on the side. You might want to change things around so that it's more clear you're a t-shirt shop.

·
Registered
8,081 Posts
your designs are okay...not stunningly awesome, but interesting.. You should be able to sell some BUT remember if you google 'custom tee shirts' you will get about 8 million sites...for 'tee shirt designs' you will get over 30 million sites...so remember doing teeshirts is NOT a path to instant money. It takes time to build and I seriously doubt that doing ONLY web sales that one will make much more than minimum wage money. You need to build locally and go from there. I have been in this business for 10 years and if I depended on web sales I would be in the poor house. I dont update my site and keep it just because people expect it..

so refocus on local and regional and see it that works better

·
Registered
679 Posts
The site looks fine, but the designs are sorta generic. You see stuff like this all over the mall. I still contend the most success come from sticking with a niche. I see you have twitter but do you have a facebook page? I find those indispensable..

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Hey RJ1 you can send me a shirt Ill wear it for you! Im famous in my own mind!Ok,back to the question,with a question.You say you get 2000 hit a month with your site,how many sales per month are you averaging?Now,Id say you need more designs to display,I agree with kasabian on the landing page.good luck!Eric

·
Registered
19 Posts
To be honest your site does not look like you are in the business of selling shirts. It looks more like a photo site. I think you need to showcase your art work more. Just the shirt not someone wearing the shirt and a add to cart button next to the item. I think if it was simplified it would work better for your customers to get on your site and buy. Personally if I log on a site and I cant find things easily I go to the next site.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I love the site. But it took me a bit to get to the actual shirts. The first thing someone who is shirt shopping should see is your shirts not that photo gallery thing. The photo gallery thing is cool but shouldn't be the first thing I see. There is no shirts on your site that I would buy and wear or that I would buy for someone else as a gift. They are cool designs but not WOW!!! designs and I think they only appeal to a select group of people. I mean shirts with skulls on them is getting to be like oil paintings with ducks. I will buy and wear artsy designed shirts like this or like threadless stuff if they have a theme or make a statement about something as in political, religious, funny. I would love to see artsy political or artsy one liner shirts. I mean there are thousands of one liner shirts but how many artistically designed original one liner shirts do you see? Just my 2 cents. I wish you success on you site and shirts.

·
Registered
718 Posts
After reviewing the site the site isn't the problem I believe.
It may be one of 2 things:
• You have to find clients for that style
• The check out part requires signing in which I'm finding to be an issue.

People don't like obstacles when it comes to buying on impulse.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I also like the site. Coming from a different vantage point but here are my thoughts:

- Feels like an already established brand to me (it looks cutting edge and nice). My sense about tee sites is that they at first need to be very simple to navigate and there should be no doubt at all upon landing on the home page what the product is. Once you are established and the cash register is ringing you can go back to a more appealing (to you) look.

- How does your customer shop? Who is your customer? Once these are known, if not already, it should help you determine any tweaks you might consider.

- May not be possible but would be better if your shopping cart / store could be fully integrated.

- Go through the site with a critical eye and note anytime you feel the least bit of friction in the buying process. Make it super easy for folks to buy from you.

- If you are spending a lot of $ on PPC and other marketing be careful and draw hard lines in the sand about what you will spend. Think vegas and stop putting $20s into "wheel of fortune" after some preset amount is reached. If you find a medium that converts explore and invest in it. Cut all others and consider testing them again later when you have changed up some things on the site.

Lastly are the search engines a place your customers are looking? If yes keep building links and continue to dial in your site for the long tail keywords that you think will convert for you.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Nicely designed site. Maybe you can showcase some of your t-shirts on the landing page? Where this image currently is. So that people can see your shirts as soon as they come to your website. You need to grab people's attention as soon as they visit you. At the moment it's a bit unclear what the website is. It feels like it's your personal website with a shop on the side. You might want to change things around so that it's more clear you're a t-shirt shop.
Hi,

I agree with your viewpoint above.

Bill

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.