T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was asked to submit a quote so that I could print shirts for my wife's school. I dug around on the district website and found that the current low bid is printing (these are Jerzees 29M):
100 dark colored shirts with one color print for $2.71 each.
51 light colored shirts with one color for $2.28 each.

I can these shirts blank on sale online for $1.68 light and $1.88 dark.

It is disheartening to try to get business that would close your business if you were to actually get it. I don't know how manual press people have any chance to survive with people like that operating.

It would do this industry a world of good if we could agree on some sort of standard.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
maybe they are having a closing sale everything must go. :D

I would not worrie too much. I mean if its not possible for them to make money, just sit tight and wait it out.

Besides, the lowest price is the law typle customers, they are not loyal to you and will go to the cheapest guy next time. Do you really want their business? Its your call.

Yes, most in the trade do have similar prices. Some are extra expensive for new clients because they may have their hands full with regular clients and may not want to expand and are happy as they are. But the cheap-cheap...odds are they wont make it for long and will go out of business.

I mean, in general, for cheap prices you get cheap goods. Right?

:

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I think some people low ball the competition to squeeze them out of the picture. They do this thinking they will have a leg up on the competition with the School system. The truth is the Schools will always go with the lowest price and will never show a vendor loyalty(from my experience) I think getting together and establishing a price sounds good, but I think the oil company's did this and ended up in a anti trust suit. ... LOL . .... JB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts