T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a veloci jet xl owner. I bought it about six months ago. I have been having a lot of problems with it. Is there anybody out there that knows how to properly clean the print heads? I cannot get a nozzle check pattern. I have to do several initial charges before each one but now I can't even get the pattern. Has anyone else had this problem and do you know of a solution to share with me?

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alex,
I have already spoken to tech support and they are continuing to tell me that I need to buy a new 500 dollar print head. I find this outrageous since I have only made about 200 shirts. My machine and all its parts are supposed to be under warranty. I would consider this something to be covered under the warranty especially since I have only owned the machine for 8 months. This problem continues to cost me money in lost revenue. I need a real solution in real time to this problem. The reason I posted on here was to receive some feedback from anyone who else who owns this machine and has faced similar problems. I am at this point considering legal action.
Thank you,
Carlos

· Registered
349 Posts
it sat for a week
You should never leave your machine with out a head clean at least each other day. Specially if you have white ink in it. If it takes a lot of had cleans and you do not get a good nozzle check, it is most likely that your print head is partialy clogged. It could also be your capping station, but that is less likely. Unfortunately manufacturers do not guarantee the print head.

· Registered
128 Posts
Hi,

I second that. You need to run machine every other day. And you need to run it printing as often as you can. Otherwise the head will clog. And will not be covered under warranty. Esp if you have white ink in it? They would have told you this i would have thought. Just 2 cents worth

· Registered
1,393 Posts
If your going to leave the printer sitting for more then 2 days, no matter what printer your using, you should always replace the ink cartridges with your cleaning cartridges and do at least 2 intial charges (powerful head clean) to flush out the ink from the print head, capping/pump assembly, and the lines that go out to your waste bottle. This will allow you to leave the printer to sit for as long as you want with out having to worry about ink staying in your system to clog. Were you told to do this when you bought the printer? If not then is it really your fault? Unfortunately d-t-g companies don't offer warranty on the print head, other then Belquette that I know of, because of this reason.

· Registered
1,949 Posts
Alex,
I have already spoken to tech support and they are continuing to tell me that I need to buy a new 500 dollar print head. I find this outrageous since I have only made about 200 shirts. My machine and all its parts are supposed to be under warranty. I would consider this something to be covered under the warranty especially since I have only owned the machine for 8 months. This problem continues to cost me money in lost revenue. I need a real solution in real time to this problem. The reason I posted on here was to receive some feedback from anyone who else who owns this machine and has faced similar problems. I am at this point considering legal action.
Thank you,
Carlos
8 months, less than 200 shirts. You really do not do enouph business to justify having this machine. If you go through a dry patch, you need to purge the machine. A week here or there might be OK on the CMYK side, but all ink settles and when that precipitate gets to the dampers and nozzles... you have problems. You need to be more involved with this machine. Printing at the frequency you've stated is a well known detriment to this type of equipment, no matter the brand or cost. Threats about legal action on a public forum are not very smart on your part. Ask your Lawyer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.