T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all !
I am a beginner and Im attempting to transfer on mugs. I have a mug press, jpss transfer paper and an epson printer. Im pressing the mugs at 400 for about 4 minutes. The transfer either comes out with air bubbles or with clouds on it or sometimes with both !! Im getting very frustrated, am I doing this all wrong !!! any info that can help would be appreciated !!!!

· Registered
241 Posts
Hello all !
I am a beginner and Im attempting to transfer on mugs. I have a mug press, jpss transfer paper and an epson printer. Im pressing the mugs at 400 for about 4 minutes. The transfer either comes out with air bubbles or with clouds on it or sometimes with both !! Im getting very frustrated, am I doing this all wrong !!! any info that can help would be appreciated !!!!
The JPSS and regular inkjet ink are not appropriate to make mugs. You need dye sublimation ink, dye sublimation paper and special sublimation coated mugs. It sounds like you are missing all three! :eek:

· Registered
449 Posts
For info I would have a look at the Sublimation section of this forum Dye Sublimation - T-Shirt Forums another great website is
http://www.dyesub.org where they have articles and reviews on different products and a article on getting started in Sublimation , there is a lot of information for you there it`s a great forum and a lot of the problems with this type of printing have already been posted , yes the inks are expensive . What I would do is click on the link for PrintForProfit and have a look at the articles there also . There are also the suppliers under the Preferred Vendors header on this page . That is probably all the help I can offer you as I am not a Local . When I first looked into sublimation I spent 4 Days reading all the info on the net about it , there is so much out there , you will even find videos on Youtube that also explains the process . Good luck with it :)

Hello all !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.